BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a 2006 M5 from a board member in October of this year that has 19" F10 reps installed. I have noticed that even though the tire size is the same as the E60 OEM wheels, I experience a small amount of tire rub when I have rear passengers and hit any decent size bumps. I'm guessing this is due to the offset being slightly off from factory, but seeing as they are aftermarket wheels, I may never know what the exact offset is.

In order to fix the issue, I have been toying with the idea of purchasing a set of 20" wheels with a proper offset when my tires are due for replacement.

My main question is for those of you that have run 19" and 20" wheels, do you notice a larger selection of tires available for the 20" wheels (19" seems like an oddball size to me) and do you have difficulties finding wheels that don't rub when going over bumps?

Thanks for any input you may have in advance.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I hope this will help you.

Your aftermarket wheels can have any offset, but it's usually stamped on the back of the wheels. If you're rubbing, it could be a number of things. Ie. wheels too wide, offsets, car lowered, etc. I'm selling my 20s but where in norcal are you?

Dan

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the sac area.

I think the issue I'm having is likely offset, as the tires are the same size as oem and the springs look to be oem on the car. I'll take a wheel off and check out the offset.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts