BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow M5 Owners,

I'm in the market for a wheel/tire set for my 02 beast (new or preowned). I prefer to go wide with 19x9 & 19x10 as I feel this combo makes the car look more aggressive. I don't plan on upgrading the suspension or dropping the car - will I experience any rubbing? Any suggestions on wheel/tires that are in the $3,000-$4,000 price range? I'm interested in the following: black painted center with polished aluminum lip - 5 or multi spokes with rivets. See the attached link - unfortunately they only come in 19x9.5.

Also, what are the pros & cons of going wider (9 & 10 in width) vs. thinner (19x8.5 & 19x9.5) other than weight?

Please send me pics of your beast and wheel size info - this will help me in my decision making.

Much appreciated.
-Hratch Beylerian from NJ
[email protected]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43959&item=7924889881&rd=1

http://www.groupawheels.com/images/NEW-Drift-R-Black-(3_4).jpg

·
Registered
616 Posts
With 19x10 wheels at the rear and depending on what tyres you go for - you will most likely have to roll the flares.

Additionally by rolling the flares the car looks "beefier" anyway.

What colour is your car? any pics?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whizzkid11 said:
With 19x10 wheels at the rear and depending on what tyres you go for - you will most likely have to roll the flares.

Additionally by rolling the flares the car looks "beefier" anyway.

What colour is your car? any pics?
I didn't realize you have to roll the flares - what exactly does that mean - hammering in the interior lip of the wheel well? if I don't, will I experience wheel rub? there seems to be some problems with M5board servers as I'm getting error messages when attempting to post pics - anyhow - my M5 is Jet Black - I appreciate the info Whizzkid

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jonathan,

Very nice wheels. Thanks for the offer but I have my heart set on 19s.

I appreciate the heads up.

-Hratch

·
Registered
616 Posts
Whizzkid11 said:
What about 265 rear tires with a drop (no fender gap) and no fender rolling; will they rub?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts