BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Questions:

Does anyone know if this fitment will work on an m5?

F 255/30/22- 9.5
R 295/25/22- 10

They are coming off a 6 series, non M.

Thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
The rolling diameter of these wheels is a tad smaller than stock but I did run this size when I picked up a set of used wheels and had no issues at all other than maybe the speedo reading a little wrong. For those wheel widths you ideally would want 35-series in the fronts and 30-series in the rear.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
even though they are 22" wheels I should be running 35s and 30s? I have 20s on there now with 255/35 and 285/30. i would have thought it to be an issue from diameter. How about offsets? Any ideas if these will work on the E60 M5?

Thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
even though they are 22" wheels I should be running 35s and 30s? I have 20s on there now with 255/35 and 285/30. i would have thought it to be an issue from diameter. How about offsets? Any ideas if these will work on the E60 M5?

Thanks,
Ben
Oh thats my screw up, I thought you were referring to 20" wheels. If your doing 22" wheels then I wouldnt know and I highly would recommend against it unless your :eek7:

If you do decide to keep those 22" I do know you will have to have the correct offsets and will need to do use tires that are stretched with 25-series front and back and also you will most likely need to trim and maybe hack your fender walls. GL

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No worries on the miscommunication. I know guys around here run 21s, and I don't think they have problems, I just don't know if the difference between 21s and 22s will be a deal breaker. They're HREs that I'm looking at, and the price is pretty fair -- assuming I can get the suckers to fit. And even then, I don't know if they will look too "bling"

Ben

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
No worries on the miscommunication. I know guys around here run 21s, and I don't think they have problems, I just don't know if the difference between 21s and 22s will be a deal breaker. They're HREs that I'm looking at, and the price is pretty fair -- assuming I can get the suckers to fit. And even then, I don't know if they will look too "bling"

Ben
Hey Ben, I actually have had 19's, 20's, 21's but never thought of even running 22's because that would be to much bling and would hurt performance and would take a larger toll on wear and tear of the suspension. I think even 21" is pushing it but that all depends what you are looking for in a wheel. If you want looks, I say max 21" if you want performance then 19" and if you want best of both, then 20".

Gl and I would recommend suggest HRE's but in 20's of course.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
you be balling gangsta style wit dem 22's on da ///M. No traction, no ride comfort but it be better to look ill than to be funkshonal and safe. You kan have da first german donk in da world.

·
Registered
212 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts