BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this is a common problem with the OEM M5 wheels. Is there a fix to this problem:confused: I've heard that refinishing these wheels would be a waste of time and money??? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
837 Posts
Beamer_usa said:
I realize this is a common problem with the OEM M5 wheels. Is there a fix to this problem:confused: I've heard that refinishing these wheels would be a waste of time and money??? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
I cant get the pictures to enlarge, whats wrong with your wheels? maybe its just my lack of computer skills, Josh

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
j,

i cant get them to enlarge either but im guessing by the tone of the post that its the normal, chrome of the shadow chome is starting to wear out/off and leaving black spotting or patches on the wheels. I think we (as the board) have found a few places around that can redo the wheels at a comperable level.

·
10,455 Posts
There are a handfull of shops that can do a powdercoat that looks quite similar, as S/C said. There is a shop local to me that did a couple of wheels for my my car (as part of the cpo). If you did just one, you'd notice it, but if you do one side they look pretty convincing. You also open up the option of a custom color. Someone recently posted pics of a gunmetal center with a polished lip, that I thought looked great (a la e30 sport evo m3).

I'd start by asking your dealer if they have a shop they use to refinish the wheels, assuming you're out of warranty or had no luck with a warranty repair.
Mike

·
Registered
204 Posts
You think yours are bad?? Check out mine :mad: . I am having them redone, and decided that since there is no real replacement for shadowchrome, I'm going to go polished outer silver lip, and shiny black spokes! All 4 wheel for 300us!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts