BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like the wheels (car) were blessed by the wonderfull automated car wash. They just had that look. If you know what I mean. the the dealer put oily glue type tire dressing on tires and shined up everything with an oily shiney substance. The inside of the rims were terrible. The brake rotors, dustshield and calipers were treat to a detail also.

Painted up the rotors, eventhough with these wheels you can't see in the tops of the rotors I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I left it that way. Dust shields need some TLC also. Calipers were actually quite nice and just waxed them up. I don't paint the face of the rotor where the rim sits, I just touched up where the notches are that when I wash the wheels I'll see where I didn't paint. So I just clean the edges after I mark it with the rim.

The rims I had to used Sonax Full Effect cleaner to get most of the dirt off, cleaned with 3m general cleaner, and then a nice cleaner and waxing. The tar spots where crazy. Now I can just use my foam gun and wash the wheels with regular car wash soap and a sponge.

Exterior is next....

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
+1 sonax, works great!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Always request "no wash" at the dealership. The swirls in the paint . . . it's enough to break your heart.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once I get the exterior done, I'll try and make sure the dealer won't wash. I think they smeared gear oil on the tires. Hopefully I'll never have to see the dealer because this one is perfect and I'll never have any issues. :haha: Or anything I couldn't handle myself.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Once I get the exterior done, I'll try and make sure the dealer won't wash. I think they smeared gear oil on the tires. Hopefully I'll never have to see the dealer because this one is perfect and I'll never have any issues. :haha: Or anything I couldn't handle myself.
hahah, knock. on. wood. ...and give your dash a few taps too! :1:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Looks Great! Thanks for sharing. :cheers:

·
Registered
316 Posts
What type of paint did you use?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts