BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Just a brief from today's visit to CPR, Warrington. I recently finished the install of BC coils along with new stabiliser bar bushes, new nuts & bolts all over and a full set of Vreds. Last job was to get the 4 wheel laser alignment completed. Whilst I was at CPR their suspension techs also gave the car a once over to check my work and see if anything else required attention. Happy to report all is well, car drives great, feels really connected after the alignment. Setting are below. the guys put as much rear camber on as possible without compromising ride, this is due to the wheels having a different offset than stock rims and thus the tyres can rub when going over long undulating bumps at speed. If this problem becomes too much to live with I can jack it up a couple of mil without it affecting the alignment. My plan is to get the driver side rusting wheel arch sorted, whilst its being painted I'm going to enquire about getting the arch lip rolled tucking it away from the tyre.

Can't compliment CPR enough, really top notch outfit, their manager, Laurence, is a really helpful chap, certainly knows his stuff. I felt today was all about exactly what I wanted from the car, a very professional outfit, highly recommended. If you live close enough it's well worth a trip to speak to them and at least have a look around at some of the cars they have, really jaw dropping stuff.

Next job........brakes or rod bearings, Alpha -N or rod bearings, CAI's or rod bearings, can't decide.............

Enjoy......

Mike

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mr Devere ,

Did you have any vibration around say 40-50mph before alignment? I just fitted my BC Coilovers and I have somewhat of a violent vibration on around those speeds. I am clueless as to what it could be. I have an alignment scheduled. Any ideas or input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mr Devere ,

Did you have any vibration around say 40-50mph before alignment? I just fitted my BC Coilovers and I have somewhat of a violent vibration on around those speeds. I am clueless as to what it could be. I have an alignment scheduled. Any ideas or input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark
Hi Mark,
No vibrations anywhere, strange that, I guess this was not present prior to the install. I recall a thread stating that one guy had found the main nut at the top of the front coilover was loose from the factory, have you checked this? Hopefully they will find the reason when you get your alignment sorted, I'm thinking it should be something obvious and relatively simple to correct.

Mike

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
why was your tire flat when they were aligning the car?
? not sure which picture you see that in, the tyre inflation was untouched.

Mike

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
+1...is that OEM?
no, not sure what they are, just had them re-furbed, had the dish polished and laquered, happy with the way they look, don't know what they are some sort of BBS reps I think.............

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
see what you mean it does look low, probably the disc thing its sitting on.......

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sound mate I'll call you tomorrow

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Gorgeous looking car. I'd been hoping to find somewhere recommended who use that alignment system, used Tony Bones in Watford before but it's a long way to go just for alignment.

Might look at getting mine checked there when I've done my thrust arms done.

Reactions: Mr.Devere

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Might look at getting mine checked there when I've done my thrust arms done.
I'd give them a call, speak to Laurence he's a really helpful chap.............

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Will do, mate, many thanks :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yeah top guys at CPR, I made a 300 mile round trip to them so they could do a fix on my exhaust. Somewhere in my car's history someone had cut the exhaust post cats then put on some weird joint...this joint was blowing badly (see pic). They did a great fix (see pic), and even put on clamps at the post cat end so it would be easier for me if I wanted to put on new headers in the future.

The guy that did it (Russ) also runs this YouTube - Russ Fellows VW Drag Beetle 625HP at the Wheels with Bullseye S372 Turbo tuned by CPR

Attachments

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Pretty sure those are Rondell 58's. Car looks great!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pretty sure those are Rondell 58's. Car looks great!
Thanks, your right about the wheels,I just google image searched Rondell 58's and loads of pictures came up, nice one........

1 - 19 of 19 Posts