BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Great web site Jim. I was looking for some wheel spacers for another application and found what I was looking for.

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hudson said:
Great web site Jim. I was looking for some wheel spacers for another application and found what I was looking for.

Thanks

Joe
Joe, glad it helped.

Anybody got any advice or opinion on wheel adapters ??????????????????

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Wheel adapters are generally not advised. There are certain applications that work out OK, but many adapters place unintended shear loads on the wheel studs/bolts and can result in vibration or loss of wheel under severe duty (pothole, high speeds, high lateral forces etc). The forces and additional shear surfaces also encourage the wheel to move around with respect to the hub/flange and this loosens the wheel bolts/nuts.

Wheel adapters are a necessary evil in certain odd applications. In your case, plenty of wheels are sold that are designed to fit your car. I'd stick to them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lscman said:
Wheel adapters are generally not advised. There are certain applications that work out OK, but many adapters place unintended shear loads on the wheel studs/bolts and can result in vibration or loss of wheel under severe duty (pothole, high speeds, high lateral forces etc). The forces and additional shear surfaces also encourage the wheel to move around with respect to the hub/flange and this loosens the wheel bolts/nuts.

Wheel adapters are a necessary evil in certain odd applications. In your case, plenty of wheels are sold that are designed to fit your car. I'd stick to them.
cheers lscman cherrsagai - will do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts