BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the thread today about the door ding and the guy that got fired, it got me thinking as I just got the bill for my M5's insurance. I understand there are numerous factors that go into pricing this insurance, ie DUI's, tickets, age, sex, etc. So here goes mine: 38, male, no recent priors and priced at $1200/year with a $1000 deductible.

So, what's your insurance run?
TripleD

·
Registered
138 Posts
27(for another 2 hours) male, no claims, ~$1,000/yr with $300 ded.

·
Registered
95 Posts
36, single driver, no driver under 28, alarm, garage, tracking system (would not get an insurance without), including "super-insurance" of engine and transmission, no prior insurance claims, $2300/year with $1000 ded.

Norway is terrible expensive... On everything...!!! :mad: Including beer...cherrsagai

PS; SeanMD; HAPPY BIRTHDAY (in less than 2 hours) :viking: !!!!!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
26, male, clean record, Florida, State Farm, around $1350/yr with $250 deductible, 100/300/100, car rental coverage and emergency road service. I also have a multi-line discount (2 cars and house with State Farm)

·
Registered
176 Posts
AFX said:
36, single driver, no driver under 28, alarm, garage, tracking system (would not get an insurance without), including "super-insurance" of engine and transmission, no prior insurance claims, $2300/year with $1000 ded.

Norway is terrible expensive... On everything...!!! :mad: Including beer...cherrsagai

56, married, Houston, TX, no under age drivers = $940 yr / $500 ded

·
Registered
531 Posts
Houston - Single Male - 30 yrs old - $1250/yr for full coverage 50K/100K
USAA:1:
It was less when I had my multi-vehicle discount, but I sold the motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Mine here in Colorado is $74 a month. ! freaking ticket in the past 22 years.

·
Registered
439 Posts
37, 1 ticket, one accident (no fault) 3200.00 1k deductable. thinking about switching to esurance from travelers. it quoted me 840 a year cheaper online.
this is for my 540, when i quoted an m5 it was 100 more per year

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
38, male, no accidents/claims. Two kids driving, one not (yet - age 12), but the driving kids have their own cars and do NOT drive the M5.

$1700/yr, $250 deductible, $2 million umbrella. All our four cars and our home are under State Farm, so I'm sure we get some kind of discount (my wife does the bills). Maybe I should lower the deductable.

P.S. I've gotten tons of lower offers over the years, most recently as low as $1000/yr on the M5 with similar coverage. However, in the past, when I've needed them (thankfully few times) State Farm has been the best - the premium is worth it to me.

·
Registered
267 Posts
tripleD said:
After reading the thread today about the door ding and the guy that got fired, it got me thinking as I just got the bill for my M5's insurance. I understand there are numerous factors that go into pricing this insurance, ie DUI's, tickets, age, sex, etc. So here goes mine: 38, male, no recent priors and priced at $1200/year with a $1000 deductible.

So, what's your insurance run?
TripleD

I pay about $ 75 / month, 30 yrs married male, no tickets....I was surprised to find out that my M5 was cheaper to insure than my VW Golf...

Ed

·
Registered
754 Posts
$1300 yr / $500-deductible / multi-car discount / no tickets (thx V1).

·
Registered
445 Posts
30yo, Bay Area, CA, $3mil/$5 mil comprehensive, $100 deductable(Comp & collision) , no tix/accidents, multiple policies (3 cars, and 2 houses), 10K yearly est. mileage, $1250 year.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
I pay $1200 comprehensive!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Male, 59, last ticket June68, last claim June78 (not at fault), $1000 ded -> annual premium $750. Age has it benefits, minor as they may be. :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
AFX said:

AFX said:
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by SeanMD
27(for another 2 hours) male, no claims, ~$1,000/yr with $300 ded.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

happy b-day
:cheers:
Thank you very much for the birthday wishes! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts