BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read tons of debate over upgrading rims. Is bigger really better, how does it effect handling, weight savings, etc. I like the look and dynamics of the stock rims but I hate to roll stock:haha: , so I decided to get them color matched to my 5. Carbon Black.

Now, I know this isn't for everyone, but I have gotten some feedback from my Britalman exhaust post. Just thought I would share some more pics...I'd like to see this on some of the other 5 colors.

Attachments

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hello Adam,
Thank you for sharing the pictures. It is interesting to see.

This isn't what I would want to do with my wheels. But then, that's what's great about our free society - we are free to do what ever we want!

Just look at all of the differences of opinion on exhausts - some love stock, others Tubis, others Kelleners - and now you have helped introduce another option.

There is no wrong answer as long as you the owner are happy.

Happy :wroom:
Alfred

·
Registered
291 Posts
adam28 said:
I have read tons of debate over upgrading rims. Is bigger really better, how does it effect handling, weight savings, etc. I like the look and dynamics of the stock rims but I hate to roll stock:haha: , so I decided to get them color matched to my 5. Carbon Black.

Now, I know this isn't for everyone, but I have gotten some feedback from my Britalman exhaust post. Just thought I would share some more pics...I'd like to see this on some of the other 5 colors.
Since you asked, I really think they look good at all. If you had a polished lip or some polished rivets to off set some of that dark it would look good.

Your exhaust cans look monster though and I know that if you had the black wheels with the polished lip look the color of the exhast will complement it nicely.

·
Registered
516 Posts
bimmer23 said:
Since you asked, I really think they look good at all. If you had a polished lip or some polished rivets to off set some of that dark it would look good.

Your exhaust cans look monster though and I know that if you had the black wheels with the polished lip look the color of the exhast will complement it nicely.
I TOTALLY agree. Some 19s with black face and polished lip would be SINISTER.

Additionally, I would RUN to add the Euro headlights with clear corners.

Those two mods would be SICK!!

Nice cans too btw. I never saw a mention of price???

R

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Banned
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ag02M5 said:
I TOTALLY agree. Some 19s with black face and polished lip would be SINISTER.

Additionally, I would RUN to add the Euro headlights with clear corners.

Those two mods would be SICK!!

Nice cans too btw. I never saw a mention of price???

R
I hear what you're saying, but I just got my car 4 weeks ago and it had brand new tires, so I figured I what the hell. I get "tired" of mods quickly, so I am doing this while I focusing on some other mods. When I get other things out of the way I'll focus on rims and brakes.

The car definitly stands out regardless. BTW BP is listing the Britalman for $1795. and I'm still working on sound/vid clips...

·
10,458 Posts
I like them, and did something similar last year for my track wheels.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Not really my cup of tea, but it certainly makes the Beast mean looking as well as a break from the norm. :M5thumbs:

C.

·
Registered
259 Posts
IMO, it looks really MEAN! I thought of going the same route but having the lip powdercoated silver but the shop said it was too difficult getting around the spokes...

·
Registered
184 Posts
adam28 said:
I have read tons of debate over upgrading rims. Is bigger really better, how does it effect handling, weight savings, etc.

Do a search on wheels, rotational mass and unsprung weight - tons of input. One view (maybe even the prevailing view) is that going up to 19's or 20's compromises performance and ride. On the other hand, going with wider wheels and tires in the front will make the car more neutral and less prone to understeer.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
cableguy said:
Not really my cup of tea, but it certainly makes the Beast mean looking as well as a break from the norm. :M5thumbs:

C.
I like it- alot. A silver lip might be OK, but it definitely looks mean, mean, mean. And unique- Not just another 5 spoke chrome wheel.

With a bluewater metallic, it'd look silly on mine, but I can appreciate it on a black car.

Adam

·
Registered
837 Posts
Not bad, like others have said a polished lip might take them to the next level, JMHO, Josh

·
Banned
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like I said before I dig it and setting your car apart is what customizing is all about. Just trying to share what I've done.

I think painting the stocks on a white or red 5r would look killer too.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think it looks bad ***!! I'm sick of chrome and bling. Dark rims are definitely more unique. "Mean" is a perfect description. Why be a follower, leading is much better.

I'm with you all the way. Mine are powder coated a dark grey. Fairly close to the color of the trim around the doors.

Well done. One day there will be an army of dark rimed M5's

·
Banned
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Whiteyford can you post some pics...I'd like to see how it looks. Mottati's look sweet.

·
Registered
224 Posts
To me it looks like a police cruiser, :cool:

·
Banned
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess there are similarities like, if you see us in your rearview, you better get out the way :hihi:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts