BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well kinda old, its the wifes M5 :biggrin: 07 with 20k miles. got the warranty until 125k and 84 months,only idiots get this car with no warranty :grinyes: Has RPI scoops. now for the pics

·
Registered
328 Posts
Congrats. Any interior shots? Where in NC are you located? I believe you have an 2007 based on your headlights....

·
Banned
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Congrats. Any interior shots? Where in NC are you located? I believe you have an 2007 based on your headlights....
yes its a 07 heres some inside pics. i dont have the window sticker anyone know what options i have or are they all the same. What do 08 headlights look like and can i upgrade? thank you.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new beast:byebye:

·
Banned
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new beast:byebye:
Thank you.what options do i have for the nav portion? any good hacks out there? im searching now also but so much info....

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
this car is for your wife ? :confused3

your car appears to be fully loaded w/ options based off the interior shots of the buttons below the DVD Nav disc unit, and near the SMG lever. However, it does not appear to have a heads up display (not button by the head light switch), and I can't tell if you have fold down rear seats

do a search on this forum (since its been discussed several times before) for 06/07 models vs 08+ models that have the LCI refresh. Mostly interior upgrades, headlight/tail light upgrades, and the addition of orange front bumper reflectors (yuck)

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Very nice car! If I may ask, what do you drive? It better be something unbelievable since your wife gets the M5 :D

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Nice , welcome aboard bud , enjoy the new beast with a good health .

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Wow, your wife is pretty lucky that you bought her an M5. Are you sure it's for her? Do you know what this car is capable of. I had to sneak off and buy mine. Wife wasn't too pleased when I came home with it....but she's finally over it. Enjoy and congrats!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Our m5 is technically my wife's car. She wanted a newish 5 series. I steered her selfishly towards the m5!!!!!!! She is a pretty good driver though.

·
Registered
983 Posts
My M5 we just got was supposed to be mine, but I swear, every time I turn around, the wife is going out and taking the M5. She never did that with the Porsche, so I'm starting to get a little concerned!

Congrats on the car. Just curious, what warranty company did you use?

Mark

·
Banned
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The warranty that i used was max care 84 months and 125k miles for $2100. Used them on my SMG M3 and they covered the clutch so i had to use them again. The vehicle ended up having damage that wasent listed on the carfax so the dealer took it back. I am going to try and get another M5 today hopefully this one.Used 2006 BMW M5 Base For Sale | Wilmington NC

but the damage scares me. and i also have to see if they have any warranty on that(only crazy people buy this car without a warranty)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Is Max Care a 'CarMax Only' warranty, meaning you can only get it if you buy the car from CarMax? I just haven't heard much of them, but the SMG coverage is a very nice thing to have, as that can get expensive quickly!

That damage - trying to figure out the 'Head-on Collision' with Right REAR damage? That's one of those things I struggled with when looking for one. I get nervous with damage. If you plan on keeping it a while, then it MAY not be as much of an issue, but it can definitely affect re-sale.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
789 Posts
Gnirout - if the vehicle scares you then don't get it. Also it's not that greatly priced for the dmg that it received. That is above retail for the accident. It sounds like the car swerved to miss the car and got clipped to the right. I would stay away personally. You already faced one problem with the first one why go for a second one. For $40K you can find an 07 or a higher mileage 08(for a few more)

MSRP: $94,615

Recall was done in 07.

Hope this info help. I had a little time in AM before heading out of town :)

Here is the service history for ya.

repair history for bmw m5 gnirout.jpg

·
Registered
983 Posts
Alpine_M5,

where did you get the Repair History? Was that part of the Carfax somewhere?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
789 Posts
Alpine_M5,

where did you get the Repair History? Was that part of the Carfax somewhere?

Thanks,

Mark
No i'ts part of the dealerspeed BMW system that a friend of mine gave me access to. I try not to abuse it. :) I was using it to help out a friend of mine search for his M5.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts