BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason this piece is Very brittle and cracks just by touching it. My M5 came from texas so maybe all that heat broke it down over the years?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,014 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
My car has lived it's entire life in PA and NY, mine is broken in the same spot. I was thinking maybe someone thought they could get better access to the TPS?

·
Registered
420 Posts
this part is broken too in my M5 and yes its very brittle i think this du to heat weather i lam in saudia arabia and the weather here is hot i
i planing to replace it soon

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
For some reason this piece is Very brittle and cracks just by touching it. My M5 came from texas so maybe all that heat broke it down over the years?
Exactly the same as mine. It occurred as I lightly bumped it while replacing my CPS last year. Must be something about the engine heat liking to flow through that area.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Blame engine heat more than weather. The cowl at the base of the windshield gets brittle too. Easy to change all these parts, but you need a puller to remove the driver side windshield wiper. Its a good diy for the detailoriented types (of which i am one)

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I'm sure I've read this before, may well have been that 'Cowl Replacement' thread, but I remember the poster got very heated about his feelings over the cowling's quality. Worth doing if it's cheap, keeps it nice and tidy.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts