BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i dont get this, why has bmw made the new 4 door m3. it has 420ish hp. if you wanted a 400hp 4door why not get an e39 m5, dont get me wrong the car is bad *** but i just dont see the point. it sells for around 50 grand an for that, in my oppinion would be money better spent on an e39 m5. maybe it is for the younger gen maybe its for those who cant hadle the m5 but i just dont see their logic. opinions if youve got themhmmm

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
which one sells for 50 grand? new m3?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
ok i dont get this, why has bmw made the new 4 door m3. it has 420ish hp. if you wanted a 400hp 4door why not get an e39 m5, dont get me wrong the car is bad *** but i just dont see the point. it sells for around 50 grand an for that, in my oppinion would be money better spent on an e39 m5. maybe it is for the younger gen maybe its for those who cant hadle the m5 but i just dont see their logic. opinions if youve got themhmmm
Uhhh...

What kind of question is that? Seriously?

"Oh, we've already made a car like this one. No reason to make this new one then. So what if it's out of production -- the old one was fine, no reason to make another one like it..."

Now, if you asked something like, "Why would someone buy a new 4-door M3 when they could have an E39 M5 for less money?", you'd sound at least somewhat reasonable.

·
10,456 Posts
i'd imagine the average new m3 owner is not even considering an e39 m5. The m3 is new, the e39 is old. The m3 probably handles a bit better too.

Reactions: m6ontheway

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
The new M3 sedan caught me by surprise, meaning, I like it much more than I thought I would.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Although the E9- M3 reminded me of the E39, it was only vaguely and the fact that it has the true M pedrigree that the E60 M5 has but the E39 lacks IMO is enough raison d'etre for me.

BTW they sell for 106.000 euros overhere..Which is some $ 350 billion dollars

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Cedar Rapids I O W A ? ...too much corn, to much gravel, too many straight roads to enjoy that M5. :sad2: (I was born in Dubuque - visit every other year...)

Let me know where you get on her, open her up.... (I'll let my nephew know, he's a trooper -ha) ;)

Don't wory about ignorant postings that get you flamed, heck if I had a nickel for each bonehead post I put in here I could pay for a DINAN S3 upgrade... ouich

·
Banned
265 Posts
Id swap my E39 for the M3 in an instant,the only thing id miss is the interior of the E39-having driven the M3 which was quicker that i thought it would be.

Having said this id just buy a 997 instead.Lets stop messing around with these bloated overweight saloons and buy a proper sports car,proper weight,proper brakes,proper track performance.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
.........Lets stop messing around with these bloated overweight saloons and buy a proper sports car,proper weight,proper brakes,proper track performance.
I hope you have your flame suit on....:nono: ;)

...by all means, DO, go and buy your sports car. MOST M5 owners WANTED a sports sedan, which is why they bought one...

I'm not selfish like my neighbors with 2-seat Porsche's... - - I bring my family along to enjoy the drive with me, comfortably, sometimes on trips, for hours, at 220kph on the'bahn... :wroom:

(mom says 220 is enough with the kids in the car)

·
Registered
739 Posts
How much more do you like your E60 compared to your E39?
You're assuming I like the E60 more than the E39. I don't. I had the E39 for 7-1/2 years and grew attached to it. I felt it had more punch lower down in the rev band. I also think it sounds better. Don't get me wrong, they're both great cars, I just liked the E39 better. Perhaps that's why I'm now looking at the new M3.

·
Banned
265 Posts
I hope you have your flame suit on....:nono: ;)

...by all means, DO, go and buy your sports car. MOST M5 owners WANTED a sports sedan, which is why they bought one...

I'm not selfish like my neighbors with 2-seat Porsche's... - - I bring my family along to enjoy the drive with me, comfortably, sometimes on trips, for hours, at 220kph on the'bahn... :wroom:

(mom says 220 is enough with the kids in the car)
i was only joking around.;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts