BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So im at the dealership, getting serviced, and my buddy works there, and i havent driven the m4 so we go on a little ride, and i wont lie amazing car, i loved the sound, feel, and compactness of it. All that car! for not a whole lot of money, but one question that kept coming up, is whats the point?

like honestly m3 m5 m6 makes perfect sense, if were making a 4 may as well make 7 and bring back the m8.

Of course most of the people at the dealership dont know history, just enough to make a sale so my friend wasnt very helpful.

so anyone know the origin of the m4? or was it kinda like a why not idea?

because honestly the market does not demand an m4 never has and never will.

·
Registered
270 Posts
SALES!

Initially BMW was going to have all 4 dr sedans odd numbers (3,5,7) and all 2 dr sedans even numbers (4,6). I suspect that the M-B 4dr "coupe" and the Audi 7 convinced them to change that in order to compete. Thus we have the BMW 3 Coupe and the 6 Grand Coupe. They now have a lotta models to sell, and are selling them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's a coupe version of the M3? The naming is just for marketing purpose I believe. On the plus side it will make searching for used cars much easier in the future!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wish they would have kept the 1m in production wayy better then the m2 just soo much bang per buck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts