BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
419 Posts
I have the bimmertech version on my i3, and have never really been happy with it.

Any way to get to new enough iDrive on the e60 to have OE BMW wireless carplay?

Yes.

· Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes.

Interesting.

unclear—will it support wireless CarPlay?

· Registered
657 Posts
I had CarPlay MMI (not bimmertech) on my i3 and I know what you mean, it wasn’t fully integrated and switching back and forth got old quick.

I have then traded in for a newer i3s with NBT Evo and the built in wireless CarPlay is so much better. Much better integration obviously and truly seamless.

On my lci m6 I have CIC with CarPlay MMI and maybe because it’s not my daily driver but it’s pretty good. I have it set how I like it and haven’t touched it.

Also it was a good way to add a backup camera.

The install was a PITA though the whole center console had to come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The CCC failed and was replaced with a new setup <10,000 miles (though 11 years) ago.

The andream, roadtop, etc, are all the same module as the BimmerTech one I have in the i3... that I dislike. So, given the low mileage CCC, I'd actually rather stick with that and a better interface.

· Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How about a full Android upgrade like AVINUSA headunits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have that in both M3s, and would rather stick to stock if it’s viable. I hate them every time I leave CarPlay within them.

· Registered
'22 X5 M50i, '12 E92 M3, '08 E60 M5
189 Posts
does anyone have experience running the mr12volt unit on a CCC car? I've got it in my M3 and am happy enough with it where i'd put it in the M5, but the M3 has the high-res CIC screen. Not sure how it would look on a CCC screen...

· Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
does anyone have experience running the mr12volt unit on a CCC car? I've got it in my M3 and am happy enough with it where i'd put it in the M5, but the M3 has the high-res CIC screen. Not sure how it would look on a CCC screen...
Also interested in this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts