BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the lowest resale anyones seen for either a 2005, but more important a 2006, 07, or 08 completely loaded?

Just wondeing how they are holding their value....

And would any of you consider purchasing a USED m5? not completely knowing how the previous owner handled it...

·
Registered
847 Posts
:typing: use yor fingers check cars.com autotrader, ebay etc. Its hard to find two cars the same. I dont know about other guy's here, but i am sick and tired about people posting about how much the price has droped. I love my car and i know it loses value so does every car out there. No i would not buy a car without checking its history!

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
:typing: use yor fingers check cars.com autotrader, ebay etc. Its hard to find two cars the same. I dont know about other guy's here, but i am sick and tired about people posting about how much the price has droped. I love my car and i know it loses value so does every car out there. No i would not buy a car without checking its history!

+1 well said - :p

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
let me rephrase.
I am not asking what every car for sale is worth on cars.com or edmunds, I am asking from people on the board that have sold their own cars.

And yes, cars depreciate, every car does. Nor was I asking about how much they drop, not trying to be rude, but no $%^.

Just trying to get personal experience from actual experiences on the board.

·
Registered
994 Posts
And would any of you consider purchasing a USED m5? not completely knowing how the previous owner handled it...
No.

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
would any of you consider purchasing a USED m5? not completely knowing how the previous owner handled it...
I wouldn't buy a used BMW, or any used vehicle - period -

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i would ONLY buy a used m5.....probably from a board member....i've had only good experiences buying used cars, am careful who i'm dealing with, know what to look for and what to ask. frankly i'm more hesitant to buy a used car from a dealer than an individual.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Value is only realized when actual money has changed hands.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Are the values of 2006 M5's depreciating faster than other higher end high horsepower cars on the market? For example, how are the values of 2006 CLS55 and 63s, RS4, Z06 and etc fairing in comparison to the M5?

Is the steep drop due primarily to economic forces or other reasons? The loss of 35-40% value over two years seems excessive.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I only buy used cars, with the exception of Porsches, Mercedes, and Lexus because I get them dirt cheap new.... But 90% of my purchases in the last 8 years (20+ cars) have been used purchases and I have never lost a DOLLAR on a car. In fact, most of the time I make money. I play used cars like most of you play the stock market, and haven't gone wrong yet.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Renntech, would you mind explain to us how/what you do to basicaly drive these cars for free?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I only buy used cars, with the exception of Porsches, Mercedes, and Lexus because I get them dirt cheap new.... But 90% of my purchases in the last 8 years (20+ cars) have been used purchases and I have never lost a DOLLAR on a car. In fact, most of the time I make money. I play used cars like most of you play the stock market, and haven't gone wrong yet.
Nice..:cheers:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Renntech, would you mind explain to us how/what you do to basicaly drive these cars for free?
He probably stays current on the market for cars he finds interesting. Then it's easy to spot a bargain and jump on it. I bet during economic slumps there are a lots of bargains, superfluous items like luxury cars are the first to go when people fall on hard times. I did this in H.S and early college basically making good deals and trading up until I had enough $$ for a real car.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
This one might qualify.....
$41K

·
Registered
556 Posts
He like myself could have his Dealers License. You do not have to pay tax and license on the cars that are in your inventory as well as we are able to buy cars on the Wholesale Market. Basically buy from the dealers trades for a $500 to a $1000 up from what they pay and or from Auction. If you are able to buy the car dirt cheap drive it for 6 month witch would be 3 Book changes, you should be able to still make money on that car if you retail out of it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I only buy used if the car has less then 30k, the body is free of scratches, and has only had one owner. Anything more then that and I just don't feel good about it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
This one might qualify.....
$41K
I saw this ad two days ago when it was posted. I actually called the guy but never got a response back. There is something wrong with it. The pictures are of a 2008 M5 and yet the ad says 2007. And the price does not make sense, unless there is body damage to the car (passenger side which is not shown in the pictures). As the other guy said, it may be a scam.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts