BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,
I thinking about doing this particular mod, but Im not sure which one I should use/choose. Are they the same, because they sure look the same.
Any advise on this is appreciated. Or should I stick with the stock OEM tranny mounts? Last, my driving is aggressive street/highway driving and not track driving.
TIA.
Robert :viking:

·
10,456 Posts
UUC offers 2 different mounts, a black and a red. the reds come with aluminum caps that uuc calls the "enforcer" which dramatically stiffens the mounts. I have the reds, but ended up taking off the enforcer caps, as they did transmit some noise into the cabin. I think the black uuc mounts and the rogues are essentially the same. I assume the reds are a bit stiffer polyureathane, but i have no noise issues with the reds. Easy install too. In my car, after a few track events, i felt that my shift quality was getting sloppy, which could happen if the OE mounts were getting soft (car also had about 45k on it by then). In an newish car with not track time, not sure if you'd appreciate much difference. Spend you money on the CF diffuser that we're trying to get a GB going on instead! :hihi: :hihi:
Mike

·
Registered
931 Posts
Robert,

I have the UUC reds and the enforcer caps on. I don't notice any extra noise, but with the TUBI, etc....... what did you say? Anyway, the feel is what counts. I like the UUC product line.
:M5launch:

·
Banned
300 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Robert,
Doesn't Dave Z do Tranny Mounts? You're close in Jersey; why not give him a call.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Robert...both are the same design but UUC gives you the added ability to change them if you like.

I have rogues on the m5 as I got them from Dave Z...although i have the UUC's on the m3.

Not sure which is better cause i havent had both sets on one car...

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
The black UCCs sure look the same to me as the Rogues. I would guess the difference is negligible. I have the Rogues and like them, FWIW. Get them from Dave Z, so he can continue to support the board with his fabulous advice.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
phinnbillM5 said:
Robert,
Doesn't Dave Z do Tranny Mounts? You're close in Jersey; why not give him a call.
Good idea. I just got my BBK package (all 4 corners) from Stop Tech, so dave will be doing the install hopefully sometime next week. I'll ask him about this and see what he has to say. :)

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Not to muck up trouble, but the UUC design is the original design, unlike the "pirated" copies. Not the first time we do the "real engineering" for other companies. :nono:

UUC's are tested in thousands of cars, work perfectly when installed properly, and are less expensive at just $35/pair. As was also posted above, you have several options depending on your needs; you can stiffen them even further with the aluminum TME (Transmission Mount Enforcer) cups, or go with the stiffer track-oriented red version, and even stiffen those up further with the TMEs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts