BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it better to race in smg or auto mode? also how much should the bar indicator be on out of 5?

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
MDM mode is highly recommended for use with S5, esp. on unfamiliar venues. After that you can open her up with S6/DSC off, keep your foot planted, and pray...:)

·
Registered
298 Posts
here is the big question........... what's the best mode when u have damn slippery roads like the ones we have here, when i turn DSC off the car slides right and left
when i floor it at standstill..........then when i keep DSC on DSC will interfer and the beast wont take off (in this case u can get beaten by a Golf Gti).....ok u may say MDM is the best option, but since the roads r sooo damn low grip... DSC will interfer big time...............so if u know the answer i'll be waiting.................
cheers

·
Registered
298 Posts
mmmm, but trust me the dsc wont let it take off, roads here look like mirrors :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
M-bitious said:
If it is that slippery why would you want to drag race? other cars will have the same problem unless they're 4x4.
ya but cars with the range of 300HP could have better grip due to less power

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Bouncing of the DSC Limits

It is too cold here so I haven't really played around with S6 yet. But anytime DSC / traction control kicks in, you sit around like an idiot until the system gains traction and you lose time.

S6 is the way to go but there are throttle positions other than 0% and 100% that people seem to forget about since the invention of traction control.

When I get around to using the car at the race track, it will be in S6.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
No need to turn DSC of unless you are on a track. I mess around in MDM, P500S, S5 and it's great. I don't know who you are racing but that's plenty. On a track with hot tires and familiar surroundings, I would go DSC off, S6 but not on slippery as glass roads.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts