BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have done a few searches and have only found informaton on extended maintenance agreements. I was just curious to find out exactly what is covered in the standard maintenance agreement. It is my understanding that the maintenance agreement is separate from the factory warranty, so I would like to know exactly what covered and what are the differences between the two. Sorry if this is basic information, but I just want to make sure I have it completely clear. Thanks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm not sure what is included, but I can tell you that alignment is not (at least not after the first few thousand miles), something I learned the hard way this morning at my dealer.

jlindy said:
I have done a few searches and have only found informaton on extended maintenance agreements. I was just curious to find out exactly what is covered in the standard maintenance agreement. It is my understanding that the maintenance agreement is separate from the factory warranty, so I would like to know exactly what covered and what are the differences between the two. Sorry if this is basic information, but I just want to make sure I have it completely clear. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,461 Posts
The scheduled maintanence plan covers normal scheduled services as outlined in your service/warranty book. Depending on the model year, it covers this for 3/36k or 4/50k (std on 03's or an optional upgrade on earlier years). You can also upgrade this to 6/100k, i believe. It covers normal maintanence, oilservices, inspections, brakes, brake fluid flushes and coolant changes, as told by the SI lights or the timing, depending on the item. Some say the clutch is covered too, as it is a wear item.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts