BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW no longer supports NAV cd sales post DVD changeover production dates. I need a Texas and surrounding states for my 2000 M5. I looked on ebay and found a 2002-3 Texas disc. Will it work? I assume if it's not a DVD then we are ok......any ideas?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just picked up an original latest cd based NAV disc for South Central US on EBay......$60.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how much different will the 2002 NAV CD be than say, the original 2000 NAV CD? I too have a 2000 and continously find that there are missing streets from the database in the Atlanta area. So, will the new CD be updated to include new streets and possible older streets that were omitted?
Thanks
TripleD

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
The 2002 CD is better and faster than older CDs. Brand new it was about a year behind various new roads in Charlotte. It also has much improved interstates on all CDs. If you are planing a long trip across CDs it will at least show major roads.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a stopgap measure

I plan to replace the NAV with a Mk4 system once the BS about "no more NAVs for the E39 exist" B.S. wears off and the price drops back down to $500-600 for the 16:9 monitor. The DVD trunk computers are still "affordable" around $850 and a inexplicably readily available.........patience grasshoppers............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts