BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I love little tricks like beetlem5 posted on painting bulbs silver for $5. Hey, every dollar counts with a long list of mods. cherrsagai I've spent the last 2 weeks playing with my M5 in the garage till 1-2am. Life is good!:1:

Anyway, painted drivers side silver then thought about black so I painted the passenger side black. Very slight difference and not sure which I like so I'll put it up for review and comments. Thanks Jonny

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
how does the black light up? i think i like it better than the silver, but i'm not really bothered by the yellow either...

Rob, your sig, a gravel road ralley in an M5 would be a blast (not in MY m5 of course, but in someone elses...)

edit: ok rob, your sig just changed.... so the above line is now meaningless! :haha:
Mike

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It lights up just fine and similar to the silver. I was hoping for an eyeball look sort of like the low beems. I'll try to get some better pics in different lighting and with the lights on. Jonny

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry not familiar with the workings here yet. I'm lucky to get pics posted.ouich I did a search under silver bulbs and scroll down. If no luck I can explain the process. It's easy and takes about 10 mins. Jonny

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Hey Sampsue,

I like the ///M5 badge on the front. I have the AA CAI Egg rings so it may be too much, but it looks good on AVUS.

The first time I saw an AVUS Blue ///M3, I knew I would own an M car.

MJ

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I think they look great! I would paint the other silver one black.
I remember doing that mod with the silver bulbs on my buds E46. Really cleans up the look of the front.
:cheers:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the comments. Not sure which I'll end up with. More fun this weekend.

MJ the Avus is beautiful and I like the badge as well but I'll be installing my custom brake ducts in about a week so I'll have to relocate it. Oh boy....more fun!:cheers: Jonny

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Mpresive, Hope ypu don't mind the copy cat look.:biggrin: Just remember copying is a form of flattery. Your car looks great and it is my screen background on the computer........for now! :cheers: Jonny

1 - 13 of 13 Posts