BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car back today after a clutch recall job and an aux fan replacement. The fan plus oil change (TWS 10W-60) costed me $850. And only after I got home when I realized that put 2 minor door dings to my driver side door :( My car is 100% dings' free up to this point and I'm pissed.. There aren't that many good paintless dang removal service in Hong Kong :(

And on top of that, they also managed to put a scratch on the front bumper just underneath my right headlight. The scratch is about 2" long and not that noticable after waxing, but still.. I can't believe how careless and irresponsible my dealer is :( What would you do in a case like this? Just let it go??

·
Registered
131 Posts
sorry to hear about the damage. I too have had an experience where my dealer damaged the car. Two wheels were scratched and I pointed it out to the SA immediately. He had a third party repair person fix the damage and it looks like new.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Absolutely no doubt I would have them fix it.

but I would NEVER take possession of the car without a thorough inspection with the SA in tow.

Sure, you feel like an AH, but better that getting screwed.

Good luck.

A

·
Registered
236 Posts
It is a pain but get them to sort it.

I did have a panic attack on my old e34 when I thought the dealer had scratched it but realised it was just because the car had been repaired and the new wing had just been resprayed making the other one look scratched (which it was over time and not by them!!)

Pip

·
Registered
262 Posts
it happened to me when i took my car for an oil change. i didn't notice the scratch as it was getting dark when i picked up the car and the dealer was already closing for the day. i noticed ~3" scratch on the fender when i did a closer inspection at home. called the SA the next day. took some convincing that it was them who scratched it. fortunately, (or unfortunately), the rubber mounts that held the oil canister was also broken. (some careless punk probably did the oil change). so at least i had other proof that the work done was careless and sloppy. the dealer took the car to their preferred body shop and luckily it was just something they were able to buff out. take it back to the dealer and have them fix it!

-joe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry to hear about the damage.When I had my 04 maxima The dealer put a scratch on the front bumper and the right pair of exaust pipes were mounted loosely.But I'd never thought Bmw would be so careless.If they scratched my blue beast I'd take it back to the dealership and force them to repair any damages.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After a $120 visit to the dent pro, the dents are gone and they did a great job :) But even with paint touch up, the scratch is still pretty noticable, but not to the extend I'd take my car in for a new bumper paint job. I guess I'll report it to my SA and maybe have them fix it on my next service :( But it's been quite a few days since I got the car back, not sure if they'll still acknowledge the problem being their fault.. But then I guess they have to, it obvious that the scratch was caused by bumper removal when they did the fan replacement :p

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
ard said:
Absolutely no doubt I would have them fix it.

but I would NEVER take possession of the car without a thorough inspection with the SA in tow.

Sure, you feel like an AH, but better that getting screwed.

Good luck.

A
I agree with Ard. When ever I drop my car off at the Dealer I do a full 360 degree visual inspection. Then when I pick it up, I again do the full 360 look over.

My wife thinks it's so anal, but better safe then sorry.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Start, before openning hostilities, by going to see your contact in the garage.

My Dealer cracked a rear light on my 330 (previous car) when it had 500km. I only noticed a few days after and went to talk. They gave me the benifit of the dought and changed it free. As it looked new, except for the crack, they orded a new one, put the old one in the box and sent it back as a faulty part. Every time there's been an issue. They solved it in a more than satisfying manor.

If they send you off, I'd write a good long letter to management with a copy to the BMW importer. On the letter you note, copy to ... Thats always got things moving for me. And even if they reply negitavly, you write again.

And if they still don't react, torch the place (just kidding)

Good luck anyway.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Dealer put very small scratch on rear bumper of my '02. So I made a deal with them. I said give me a $ 250.00 service credit and sell me the 3 to 4year maint upgrade at the regular reatil price of $ 449.00 and use $ 50 of the credit so I actually paid them the dealer cost of $ 399.00 and had a $ 200 service credit. I can have that scratch fixed for $ 90 so I am really happy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts