BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming E60 M5 (or any M5 for this matter) is not available, which car would you purchase instead? Hopefully your choice of car is comparable to M5. Thank you. :flag:

·
Registered
520 Posts
507bhp said:
Assuming E60 M5 (or any M5 for this matter) is not available, which car would you purchase instead? Hopefully your choice of car is comparable to M5. Thank you. :flag:
E55

·
Registered
271 Posts
B5 for sure - personally feel streets ahead of an E55 (and I have driven both)

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
The obvious answer is the B5...

Heck, I'm buying mine INSTEAD of an M5!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Agreed - it has to be the Alpina B5 :thumbsup:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
In the US, where the B5 is not available, I likely would go with the next generation Audi RS6.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
My dad would probably buy a Kleemann E50k then.... 530 hp, enourmes torque...

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
MRichmond said:
In the US, where the B5 is not available, I likely would go with the next generation Audi RS6.
The delivery date would probably be about the same as for an M5.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
hythe said:
Not an E90 M3?
Well the E90 M3 isn't going to be available for at least 1-2 years. So if I'd be buying a car other than the M5 now, it would be the RS4.

Edit: + Having a 4wd car here in Finland makes sense hiha

·
Registered
213 Posts
well I'm going to get the M5 no matter what so... I have no reason to answer this question! I haven't considered another car in a very long time.

·
Registered
127 Posts
MRichmond said:
Agree. New RS6 V10.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Hornet said:
Well the E90 M3 isn't going to be available for at least 1-2 years. So if I'd be buying a car other than the M5 now, it would be the RS4.

Edit: + Having a 4wd car here in Finland makes sense hiha
Try ordering an M5 today and see when it will be available!

BMW has really got it wrong on this one, IMHO - the protection from depreciation will only be temporary, since the used market will eventually come to see the car (rightly or wrongly) as just a fast E60. So why limit production so severely?

·
Registered
546 Posts
If I could wait a bit, I would go for the next generation RS6. If it had to be now, I would go for the CLS 55 AMG.

·
Registered
703 Posts
asturias said:
If I could wait a bit, I would go for the next generation RS6. If it had to be now, I would go for the CLS 55 AMG.
+1

1 - 20 of 69 Posts