BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best windshield wipers I can get in Florida?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I ordered a pair of oem ones from pelican parts. I've played around with some different wiper blades on a past vehicle and was left wanting. Nothing really worked better or lasted longer than what I could buy at my local auto store.

Anyways, I needed a new driver's side wiper right away so I just bought a size 26-1 Bosch replacement from Checker and will stick the Pelican pieces in the garage. Since Checker didn't have the whole blade in stock (nor do they ever, according to the sales guy), I just pulled the trigger on a regular blade. I had to pull the old rubber and included/embedded metal from the old wiper casing but the Bosch replacement slipped in just fine.

I lucked out that they had that size replacement in stock, so if you're in a pinch the 26-1 normal blade will work. Just swap the rubber. A 21-1 should work for the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I had to get my blade replaced in an emergency. NO ONE retails an aftermarket wiper blade in my area. I had a rock fly up and hit my blade and shattered it (could have been my windshield -- lucky strike). I went to BMW and paid the $45.

·
Registered
929 Posts
There are no whole blades available in the aftermarket, however, you can find replacement inserts at almost any autoparts store.
This is strange. Whole Bosch blades are available in discount stores in UK.

·
Registered
307 Posts
61-61-0-154-441 OEM INSERTS..they have to be cut and placed inside the wiper arm (these are just the rubbers) but for $3 each, i change them quite often....

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I wish I could use those new Rain-X or Bosch blades.

·
13,589 Posts
This is strange. Whole Bosch blades are available in discount stores in UK.
I think I was a bit vague, I meant the whole assembly (metal bracket that attaches to the wiper arm, and the rubber blade). They just dont sell the ones with the proper mount to work with the mounting system that BMW uses in the aftermarket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts