BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am embarrassed to say that I was Too Fast and Too Furious before I realized what a REAL car was......

This was BACK IN THE DAY for me, but still, looking back, WTF was I thinking? How embarrassing. No WONDER my wife hated this monstrosity.

1989 Honda CRX with an Integra LS B18B swap. I had intended on turbocharging it before I got wise and sold it.

Reactions: M5 London

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
The CRX's are one of my fav old school body styles! Classic proportions. But yeah, your exterior mods are umm.. yeah. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I frankensteined this one with the heart of an STi. Non tuned and with excessive wheelspin, it ran the 1320 in 12.6 before I got kicked off the track on my first run for not having a helmet. It looked ok IMO but rattled embarrassingly on the inside and had an ancient all plastic and ugly interior like a dollar store car.

Interestingly enough, when I was building this car, I wanted something that was as quick as an E39 M5 in a straight line. Even back then, I knew it was the soft line in the sand.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I am too old to have ever been a "rice boy". I actually installed a "Cherry Bomb" muffler onto a 1978 Dodge Aspen. Oh the horror! :dunno:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I had turbo Calibra.

But then ****ty thing happened and here is result:crying:

Wow! Glad you're here to post! Story?

My most embarrassing ride was my first car, a Nissan Sentra that I had no clue how to mod.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I will have to dig up my 1st car Tim....Red 1968 Dodge Charger 440 RT...When men were men and real cars were getting 7-8 MPG. It was sold during the gas crisis in 80 or 81 IIRC.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is it embarrassing if I still have my old "hot rod?"

1990 Integra with a built motor making 360 whp @ 12psi till I stopped messing around with it. Now it sits in my garage collecting dust :sad2:

·
Registered
81 Posts
1996 Citroen ZX 1.8i added a Turbo in it and didn't tune the brakes... i hate FF cars!!! That car was really cool until i got my first E30 327i TIC Track car. Than i understood how embarrasing it was...

·
Registered
4,896 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
right before the m5...never got it completely finished up and sold it as is

and before that...regret selling this one

and even before that...yes a show car mostly that saw only 2 track events.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Those of you from over the pond might not recognise it but....

....a Fiat Uno Turbo 1.4, weighed nothing, terrible handling but put a Scorpion 4" system on it. Felt damn quick, and I might add...I passed my test in it :)

And yes, I guess in hindsight it was probably embarassing but I detailed it to *****, always looked mint.

·
Registered
241 Posts
When I got my license in 95 I got my dad's Barbados Yellow 1988 Honda Prelude 2.0Si:

I eventually modified it heavily inside and out, starting with performance stuff and eventually painted racing stripes and yellow / black interior work

·
Registered
211 Posts
Had to have one after watching the "Bandit." It was a piece of crap and I sold it 6 months later.

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'm a proud former ricer. If it weren't for the little mistakes, I would know much less about cars.

I bought this 1995 Nissan 240SX used in 1998. This car is special to me because it was the one thing my ex-wife could not pry from my cold dead hands. That and my toolbox. You can't touch my tools woman, GTFO!

S14 chassis, old picture without the wide rear fenders:

- R33 Skyline GT-R wheels (I personally flew them back from Japan as check-in luggage!)
- Tein HA coilovers (now replaced with Stance)
- was red, now grey, will be satin blue next month
- carbon hood, doors, trunklid
- BONE STOCK INTERIOR, the way I like it

I rebuilt the motor in the living room of my apartment:

- overbored
- titanium connecting rods
- JE forged and coated pistons
- balanced crank
- solid lifter conversion
- 272 duration, 12.5 mm lift cams
- custom stainless tubular exhaust manifold, coated
- GReddy intake manifold, Infiniti Q45 throttle body
- Precision SC61 turbo

I'm especially proud to say I am the only person I know of in the world with a 350Z 6-speed transmision mated to an SR20DET. If someone else has one now, then they are just as awesome.

Infiniti Q45 rear differential, perfect final drive ratio for Fairlady 350Z 6-speed transmission. Not pictured are all the pretty bushings and my adjustable multilink suspension arms

I also have two 1985 AE86 Toyota Corolla GT-S in my possession, one hatch and one notchback. They are actually my brother in law's, but he's living in Japan so they are mine to drive and upkeep. Notchback has rebuilt 4AG motor, T3 suspension, all Cusco suspension links, Cusco 2-way LSD, gutted interior with Recaro seats, and magnesium RS Watanabe wheels (not pictured)

I still have all three cars, the Corollas are in storage and the Nissan is covered in the driveway waiting to be repainted. I was thinking Lamborghini "Matt Blue" from their exclusive Ad Personam program. I haven't had any luck getting the paint code, though :(

1 - 20 of 128 Posts