i might be wrong? please corect me if im wrong
Year / options / Location / Promise or word for drlivery

I think this info will help some of us avoide
dealers who are holding our money any don't know a thing
about this car ...

·
Registered
816 Posts
I think only German buyers are anywhere near ordering the E63 M6 coupe. So I expect literally zero orders on the M6 outside Germany at the moment. I have given Aust$1,000 "deposit", to stand in the queue until I guess around October to December this year when I can officially order. This should be the situation for many buyers outside Germany.

My dealer told me during September 2004 that the M5 and M6 will be launched closely together - spaced by 3 or 4 months in Australia. If no delays, this has so far been true as the M5 will be rolling out in July/August/September this year at the earliest (correct me if I'm wrong with the M5 story).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
M6 Forever said:
I think only German buyers are anywhere near ordering the E63 M6 coupe. So I expect literally zero orders on the M6 outside Germany at the moment. I have given Aust$1,000 "deposit", to stand in the queue until I guess around October to December this year when I can officially order. This should be the situation for many buyers outside Germany.

My dealer told me during September 2004 that the M5 and M6 will be launched closely together - spaced by 3 or 4 months in Australia. If no delays, this has so far been true as the M5 will be rolling out in July/August/September this year at the earliest (correct me if I'm wrong with the M5 story).
Whats up M6 Foever

I am still waiting for ur PM about those wheels :haha2:

By the way what year is ur M6 that u have in order ?
i hope ur ordered a 2006 or did everone pay for 05 !?

·
Registered
675 Posts
M6 Forever said:

My local dealer in the uK has 35 orders for theM6.I am number 5 and I put my name down 18-24 months ago.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
M6 Forever said:

We all need to remember that until there is official word, the dealers really don't know any more (sometimes less) than you or I. The dealer is the LAST person on the food chain to learn of an actual release date, because they are the salesperson. For what it's worth, my dealer is saying the M6 won't be launched in the US for 18 months.

I don't think there is any way the M5 and M6 will be launched 'closely together'. Remember, the M6 hasn't even been released to the media for a test drive yet!! The M6 has been trailing the M5 by almost exactly one year in all the releases. If BMW was planning a 2005 release of the M6, they would at least have pre-production cars ready at this point for the journalists to test.

My guess is they are focused on a variety of M5 issues, and they need to sort those out before concentrating on the M6. I'll guess that the first test-drives of the M6 will be late this year, and the first cars won't be received by customers until mid-late 2006.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wolverine said:
We all need to remember that until there is official word, the dealers really don't know any more (sometimes less) than you or I. The dealer is the LAST person on the food chain to learn of an actual release date, because they are the salesperson. For what it's worth, my dealer is saying the M6 won't be launched in the US for 18 months.

I don't think there is any way the M5 and M6 will be launched 'closely together'. Remember, the M6 hasn't even been released to the media for a test drive yet!! The M6 has been trailing the M5 by almost exactly one year in all the releases. If BMW was planning a 2005 release of the M6, they would at least have pre-production cars ready at this point for the journalists to test.

My guess is they are focused on a variety of M5 issues, and they need to sort those out before concentrating on the M6. I'll guess that the first test-drives of the M6 will be late this year, and the first cars won't be received by customers until mid-late 2006.
I am affraid you are right on that one :sad1:

lets hope we will get it late 2005 as a 2006 modle or
early 2006 and lets hope BMW hear us ! :wroom: :blabla: :confused3

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spoke with with a friend in Virginia USA.

he told me he ordered an M5 for him and his wife
what got me was that they told him we will get both models
early 2006 ! so i didn't belive him and called up
BMW of fairfax, they told me that M6 and M5 coming early
2006 and the highest bidder will take it, " this was a dealer
talkin" i guess he had no clue that my friend had confirmed
his order ! so i called up my friend again and he told me he
got it through the manager who he always buy cars from
for his compny and him self, so i would tha best bid
to get this car at those dates is to hook your self
up with a manager of a BMW dealer " Fairfax is known for
BMWNA so i guess u guys should order from them not
the regular dealers .. :byee55amg

·
Registered
816 Posts
Demon M6 said:
Whats up M6 Foever

I am still waiting for ur PM about those wheels :haha2:

By the way what year is ur M6 that u have in order ?
i hope ur ordered a 2006 or did everone pay for 05 !?
I think calender year does not necessarily equal production year. Besides, I don't know what production year my order will be yet. If my order is for example placed at December 2005, maybe that is a 2006 production? I don't know.

U.S. is a separate story to the rest of the world. Unless there are major delays, M6 will start to arrive here in Australia late 2005 or early 2006 and so far this is still true. I hope!

·
Registered
675 Posts
my dealer is confident of 1st deliveries being back quarter of thsi year.All refernences to the m6 in the uk press talk about Oct/Nov/Dec deliveries.
I reckon on early 2006 for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts