BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I'd take a twist in what Johnny D posted about previous cars owned and see what cars/motorcycles you guys plan to buy/lease next. Try to be realistic here and stick with things that you actually do plan to get rather than find yourselves fantasizing about.

For me..I plan to get the new Lexus SUV that's coming out! For some strange reason I find myself drawn to it! :eek:

I'm going over to the dark side. :crying:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
996 TT!

Without a doubt! I am sure I am not the only one with this choice! Unless I get a really sick deal on a 550M.

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't mind getting a 996TT either... *sighhhh*

·
Registered
857 Posts
Well I have a tough choice. If I buy a bike, I would get a used R6. I would looove one!!

But it would be more practical for me to buy a SUV or wagon. The reason is that i do a lot of road trips and have to drag my boat around.

But if I won the lottery(or got a bit more spending money), I would get an M3 and a X5 (maybe even a Suburban).

For the time being though, it looks like I am stuck with my Schwinn and Trek bikes :sad1:

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And to think I owned a R1 before. I was a squid back then..I even wore shorts while riding it! DUMB MOVE! *sigh*

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
M5Laser said:
Well I have a tough choice. If I buy a bike, I would get a used R6.
Get the R1. I have both (sold the R1) and the two don't compare. The R1 is outright evil and scared the sh!t out of me every time I got on it. The thought alone still does.

I had it for a year, polished frame, swing arm, chrome wheels, full Akrapovic exhaust and a few other things. I tell ya, I miss it dealry but I am glad I got rid of it. Thing was crazy!! So....sold it and bought myself a set of AC type IIIs when my Beast was in production.:)

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's NO way I'd endorse getting a R1 as a first bike. I think that Duncan should get an R6 instead. The R1 was scary fast! I couldn't believe how fast I could get places on that thing. Unfortunately for me, I totalled my R1 last year and so thus my sanity remains in one piece.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Oh I agree Jason, if it is in fact Duncans's first bike, I would also suggest to stay away from the R1....stay very far away!!

But, if you all ready know how to ride a street bike and are crazy enough to buy one, I would go with the R1 because you will loose some interest in th 6 rather quickly (if you have driven the R1).

My blood really got pumping with all this R1 talk.:eek: Now I really miss her! Every time I get on my R6 all I think about is what the ride was like with the R1.:crying2:

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Angel: would you believe that I was crazy enough to buy the R1 as my first bike!?! :eek:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
HAHAHA!! Same here, I got the 6 afterwards. I had dirt bikes and ATVs before but the R1 was my first bike on the pavement!

We are loco!!ouich

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hahaha thanks for all the advice! I have only driven a motor cycle once... so I was thinking that even an R6 could be a bit on the crazy side.

I have a friend with an R1 here... he never shiuts up about how fast it is... but he said the biggest problem is that the roads just kill the bike. I guess it was built for the track.

P.S. what do you guys think about the YZF600R?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Duncan,

I have owned several bikes over the last 10 years including a CBR-600, GSXR-750, CBR-900RR, ZX-9R and the mighty R1. A friend of mine owned the YZF-600R at the same time I had the R1. The YZF-600R was a more compliant bike on the road. It was much more comfortable and was like sitting on a couch compared to the stiffer R1. If it is your first bike or if you plan on making long trips with it, it is a good bike to purchase.

I loved the R1 but found it uncomfortable after 45 minutes in the saddle and it offered very little wind protection. If pure power and handling are your top reasons for a bike, I would recommend it or the GSXR-1000R!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
996 twin turbo.

However, I have to admit, the new Supercharged AMG E55 sounds real appealing to me. The thought of having over 450 hp and 500 ft lbs of torque and the ability to exceed 200 mph sounds real interesting.

BMWNA, please make the new M5 with at least 500 hp and SMG II, so I don't stray. :)

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I'm definitely sensing a crossroads coming. Taking possession of a new house in March, plus the Tiger's restoration is roughly a month away.

My gut tells me the Beast will be gone by the end of the summer.

I may LOVE the Tiger and would be content in complementing it with an SUV.

Or, I will sell both cars out of "boredom" and switch to a 993TT, or 993 C4S, or Z06, or M3 SMG (Cabrio?), or a super-nice SUV and a 30-foot boat, or... :confused3

Oh yeah, and I for one love the Lexus SC 430...

Alps
:(

·
Registered
728 Posts
Really like a 4-wheel drive to go on those ski trips. If I would get a 4-wheel drive...most likely it'll be WRX wagon.

Tho the new 350Z seems like a good track car ;)

Sugi
ps. Jason, the GX 470 are nice-looking...know how big are they in comparison with LX 470 / RX 300?

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sugi,

From what I understand the GX470 is actually 9 inches shorter than the LX470. It's supposed to slot between the RX300 and LX470 in size although I don't see how that'd be possible especially since it does use the same platform/design as the Sequoia which we all know is bigger than the LX470. I think I'll have to recheck the figures though to be 100% positive.

Mark, my dad is actually looking into getting a Mini Cooper S too. Go figure.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts