BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in London, England
I have a 2007 M5 I'm running the standard 5 spoke wheels that come on the M5's & M6.
I will be lowering the car on H&R spring & putting 15mm spacers on the front & 12mm spacers on the back.

At the moment it has:
285/35 19 rear continentals
255/40 19 front continentals

It time to change tyre what tyres & size should I go for?

I do 3 trackdays a year 1 trip to Nurburgring Germany some fast road driving, the rest of the time it just gets used to do the school run twice a week.

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks

·
Registered
512 Posts
I will say this. I just put 285-35 19 pilot super sports on the back of my car. I have 12mm spacers and no lowering springs and they rub if I have people in the back when I hit a depression in the road. PSS's are about an inch wider than PS2's in the same size.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
If you are running stock wheels just leave the factory size tires. No sense in changing it IMO.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I drive with the same size as you. I went from Yokohama Advan Sports to Michel Pilot Super Sports (I had to have them imported in NZ to get the right size .... long story).

I definitely prefer the Michelin's as both daily drivers and as 'go fast' tyres over the Yokohama's. On my previous car I had Eagle F1 Assymetrics and found them to be a brilliant tyre as well, quieter than the Michelin overall but less 'grippy'.

Haven't tried any top tier tires outside of those though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Michelin Pilot Super Sports for sure.

I have them on all three of my cars and love them.

Later, Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts