• Individual panels

Votes: 8 5.3%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lets keep track of trim colors.

Be sure and answer the other two polls. Interior and Exterior colors.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Dark Poplar

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aluminums seem to have it although the sampling is small.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please post (not just vote) to keep this thread alive.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Jim Dolan said:
Please post (not just vote) to keep this thread alive.
I picked aluminum even though I have always preferred wood. I think the Al will go well with the Silverstone/Silverstone combination. I also see it as the only trim that matches the smg surround on the console.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wolverine said:
I picked aluminum even though I have always preferred wood. I think the Al will go well with the Silverstone/Silverstone combination. I also see it as the only trim that matches the smg surround on the console.
Agreed, and the pallet is very limited. With my black interior I chose dark wood and will be happy with that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Brushed Aluminum Shadow because I think that's the only thing matching with the sporty nature of this car. From the board I got the idea that it was looking very cheap. I like it a lot however and it doesn't feel like plastic.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Based on previous board comments on the brushed aluminum looking cheap, I ordered Walnut Madeira Wood with my Silver Gray/Black. Went for the more subtle classic look. To be honest, I'm concerned about the residual values not being as strong as past M5s due primarily to increased production and price point. Keeping the car as marketable as possible should I ever choose to sell.

Hope I'm wrong and it maintains its exclusivity!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Come on guys don't be boring. All those silver/black cars - sheesh! :3:

Where's your sense of adventure? Or am I the only fool around here ordering Individual trim? :cool2:

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ashok Arora said:
Come on guys don't be boring. All those silver/black cars - sheesh! :3:

Where's your sense of adventure? Or am I the only fool around here ordering Individual trim? :cool2:
We cannot order individual. And it was few if any who did the E39 individual.

·
Registered
251 Posts
yep, no "individual" in the US. I went with silvergrey/black/madeira too.

and it's not that the silverstone-silvergrey/black combo is boring.... they're just popular because they're the most beautiful. It's been said many times but this first year's M5 palette is dull inside and out for a car that is meant to have so much personality. Oh well, I suppose they expect the V10 to do all of the talking.

My last 2 cars had loud colors: blue and imola red... and now I actually feel that going to silvergrey in my M5 is exciting.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wolverine said:
do you think piano black would work ? crg sorry i thought you were going /black interior

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Crg said:
do you think piano black would work ? crg sorry i thought you were going /black interior
I think Piano Black will look great, but I'm going to give the aluminum a chance. If I don't like it, I'll order the Piano Black trim parts (about $1500), and have the dealer install it (about $500).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wolverine said:
I think Piano Black will look great, but I'm going to give the aluminum a chance. If I don't like it, I'll order the Piano Black trim parts (about $1500), and have the dealer install it (about $500).
$ 2000 dollars for something that they should be able to give us on original build. CRG...with original workmanship.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wolverine said:
Where are you able to get the Piano Black for $1,500? I've been looking for it!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts