BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

What to use on leather dash and steering wheel M5 E60

8K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  m5_ 
#1 ·
I just got the M5 and my buddy says never use armor all? it makes the thin black coating peel off the interior peices? And he only uses distilled water to detail the inside of his car??

Just wanted to know what you guys uses on your dash and door panels and seats to clean them

Yes i searched

#2 ·
#3 ·
Just soap and water, then wipe it down with the actual towel. If you want it shining, use the turtle brand leather conditioner, i love it.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Lexol leather conditioner - it's what my auto upholstery shop uses $10/bottle at autozone - also on amazon

#9 ·
+1 Griots Garage Leather Care (Spray). This stuff is good 2-in-1 cleaner and conditioner that I like to use as part of my weekly wash routine, applied with a microfiber cloth. For a more thorough detailing, I use Griots Interior Cleaner Spray (applied with microfiber cloth) and follow up with Griots Leather Rejuvenator (applied with foam applicator pad/sponge). Check "where to buy" on the Griots homepage -- they are starting to sell products at auto parts stores, so you can save the time and cost of shipping. The Griots products have a nice natural leather smell (except Interior Cleaner which has no smell really).

I've experimented with the Leatherique products: Leatherique Rejuvinator Oil followed by Leatherique Prestine Clean (process sounds backwards, I know). Great results, but a lot of time and elbow grease is involved.

No matter what you go with, be careful not to over-saturate trim panels (doors, dash, etc.) -- you risk weakening the glue and having the leather bubble up around creases, curves and indents.

Above all, keep the ArmorAll away from your leather!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.