BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking my girlfriend for a romantic weekend to New York next week. I would appreciate a little help regarding what to see and do in New York, especially if you could think of something you don't usually see as a tourist.

Best regards,

peter

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Empire state building...world trade centre site? :( , Guggenheim, Royal metropolitan museum, statue of liberty :hihi: , Columbia University and other bits such as Little Italy, Chinatown etc....

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I just did the same for a long (5-day) weekend after Thanksgiving. The skating rink (Walman Rink?) in Central Park is open. We went on Tuesday, and it was fantastic. There are more good restaurants than you can shake a stick at. We walked back from dinner in the upper east side (55 blocks!) , and it was great. Don't forget to check out all the department store fronts-- they go all out at Christmas. Just like in the movies. Go and see a Broadway show too. We saw Lion King, and loved it. Have fun.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
You might consider this cheezy, but horse drawn carriage rides can be had on Central Park South.

NYC is really a series of neighborhoods and Manhattan has many of them. There are amazing clubs, bars, restaurants, etc. I am not that into the night life scene, nor am I a frequent visitor of high end restaurants, but I think you should find a very nice romantic restaurant.

Going to a show is fun too, keep in mind if you go to a show, you will probably want dinner reservations for ~5pm and be sure to tell the restaurant you are going to a show.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts