BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Geneva show starts next week. Do you have any questions you think we should ask Alpina? If so, please post them in this thread.

The B5 will be officially shown for the first time. My question is if they still plan to make a manual version of the B5.

·
Banned
664 Posts
Hi Janne

Lots of photos please !

Also have they got a final figure for the HP / torque for the B6 - word was air issue meant it would be down on the 5 & 7...

Also what will the engine be in the next B3

Cheers

Neil

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
fastsaloons said:
Hi Janne

Lots of photos please !

Also have they got a final figure for the HP / torque for the B6 - word was air issue meant it would be down on the 5 & 7...

Also what will the engine be in the next B3

Cheers

Neil
How about asking what the real power output of the V8 is, in typical European conditions! From what I've heard so far, perhaps 520bhp?

Also, if the B3 has a supercharged six, as seems likely, how will they distinguish that in the eyes of the buying public from the supercharged Schnitzers, etc.? Time to go racing, if you ask me....

·
Registered
67 Posts
My questions are:

1. Why did they changed the modell numbering system ? (B10 -> B5, B12 ->B7, B7 -> B6)
2. Do they plan import Alpina cars in the USA ?
3. What is the truth about their "car service" service ? We have seen some pictures in the past, that "selected customter" can bring their new or old Alpinas for inspection or services, etc.
4. Why did they changes their phylosophy of engine tuning ? In the past they used real tuning for Alpina cars, now they use compressor (B5, B6, B7), like the AMG. G-power and Hamann can tune their 7series cars with real engine tuning.
5. What are the real specs of the aniversary B3s cars (max speed, HP, etc)
6. Do they plan adding a V8 engine to the next generation of B3 ? (rumors says BMW will add V8 for E90 M3)
7. Most newer Alpinas have softer suspension that the same BMW or M modell. Do they plan making better suspension setup model ? (for ex B5 : normal car, B5S : more fiber parts, more power, harder suspension, etc.)
8. When will they finish the whole package for B6 ?
9. Do they plan making Alpina X3 or Alpina version of the new 1series?

·
Moderator Emeritus
600 Posts
Any plans of an Alpina version of the 1-series? Engine spec?
Comments regarding the new 4.8l engine replacing the 4.4l. How will this affect the current engine (B5 & B7) line up from Alpina?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
HIPAD said:
Any plans of an Alpina version of the 1-series? Engine spec?
Comments regarding the new 4.8l engine replacing the 4.4l. How will this affect the current engine (B5 & B7) line up from Alpina?
Interesting question - but they had access to the 4.8 block from day one, after all, since they originally developed it - so either (1) the bored-out block can't take supercharging, (2) they didn't want to really embarrass BMW M/// and/or (3) they're keeping it in reserve for an S model, when the RS6, RS8 and next-generation N/A AMG models are released...

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
All very good questions!

My question: when can M5board.com get our hands on a demo car for testing purposes? :)

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
kees said:
All very good questions!

My question: when can M5board.com get our hands on a demo car for testing purposes? :)
Am hoping they'll let me loose in the UK demo car next month...

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
How about asking them if the new 1 series can be a return to a basic drivers car! sort of throw back to the original 2002's/ e21's etc etc!

·
Registered
669 Posts
yes I like the "USA import of Alpina's" question too.........please please please...:thumbsup:

david

1 - 13 of 13 Posts