BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for asking this here but i'm not apart of another forum. So while i'm in Connecticut I found a 2005 645ci convertible nearby for sale. It's automatic with 87k miles on it. The seller is asking 16.7k and is willing to negotiate. The car looks good in pictures, not sure about in person yet. My question is, is it a good deal for 16k? I've seen more 645's and they're close to the 20k with more miles, especially in south Florida. I plan to keep the car for about 1-2 years and would hope to sell and get my money back. I just feel like people don't spend 20k on a 10 year old car. Let me know your opinions.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Hope you are enjoying CT and didn't drive on the highway today when 91 highway got shut down.

Back to the point, I think you should do pre paid inspection to make sure there is nothing amiss. Especially if it was used during winter months or not. I think it is smart move. If you do want this particular car, don't say you are from Florida and use the current of piece of information to negotiate lower price that the summer season is almost over.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I am enjoying CT and its beautiful weather. If the car looks good and all I will do the pre paid inspection and hopefully all works out.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Sorry for asking this here but i'm not apart of another forum. So while i'm in Connecticut I found a 2005 645ci convertible nearby for sale. It's automatic with 87k miles on it. The seller is asking 16.7k and is willing to negotiate. The car looks good in pictures, not sure about in person yet. My question is, is it a good deal for 16k? I've seen more 645's and they're close to the 20k with more miles, especially in south Florida. I plan to keep the car for about 1-2 years and would hope to sell and get my money back. I just feel like people don't spend 20k on a 10 year old car. Let me know your opinions.

Thanks
Its not that pretty of a BMW so when it comes to sell it, may be more difficult then you think. Chris Bangel styling really hurt BMW.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
In sure you know those can be expensive to own. Probably even worse than an e39 M5. But that said, that is a lot of car for $16K. I really like them. Especially the drop tops. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the input. However the seller answered once and then never responded again. Who knows what happened? Maybe wasn't meant to be

1 - 6 of 6 Posts