BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going to Geneva tommorrow (March 2nd) , and this time I hope to get more time with BMW M engineers, but I might not meet the BMW M Manager Bruhnke.

I will however ask the BMW M representatives. I feel that I have a few unanswered questions below, so I will re ask them, but please fill in with more questions.

Here is the update from Frankfurt in September 2005.

Go ahead and ask! (...and re-ask the things I forgot when visiting Geneva last March.)

Regards Gustav

Also, if you havent read please seem my interview with BMW M Manager Mr Bruhnke.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Re: What should I ask BMW M in Frankfurt September 15th?

Ask them what's the deal with the dyno tests which shows 530 hp, is it really true the M5 got that much horse power?

:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
955 Posts

probably the same question i asked you to ask in Paris last year, what's the difference between US-spec and Euro-spec M5.

and it'd be very nice to know what they will do with the 155mph speedlimit on M5 for 2006MY. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
246 Posts

1) Will BMW honor the warranty of a de-limited M5? Will they put thiws in writing? Better yet, can owners just download this letter from the BMW site so unscrupolous dealers cannot benefit?

2) Why does the M5 eat so much oil?

3) Why cant we order ventilated seats without having to order full leather? The logic is we need the ventilation in warm countries but we don't need leather dashboards as it will certainly crack in the heat.

4) Can comfort access be retrofitted to our cars?

5) Why cant the 6th and fastest shifting sequence be accessed without turning off DSC?

6) WHY IS THIS CAR SO FRIGGIN' FAST?!?! :) :)

·
Registered
203 Posts

Hi,

These are my questions:

1. Will the M5 be affected with the facelift of the 5-series?
2. The 5 years maintinace coverage that been offered on the 5-series does not include the M5...why?
3. What would be changing in MY2006

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Alot of differences. A "thick book" according to BMW M of the differences between the Euro and US E39 M5.

tifosi said:
probably the same question i asked you to ask in Paris last year, what's the difference between US-spec and Euro-spec M5.

and it'd be very nice to know what they will do with the 155mph speedlimit on M5 for 2006MY. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
955 Posts

Gustav said:
Alot of differences. A "thick book" according to BMW M of the differences between the Euro and US E39 M5.
yes, i am aware of that. the reason i ask is because i remanber from your interview with Mr. Bruhke from Geneva Auto Show earlier this year, he said he is trying to make M5 an international car, with as little differences between different versions sold in different continents as possible.

more specifically, i am wondering if M will tune down LC, different Speedlimit (UK seems to be getting M5 with 180MPH limit for 06), and different engine output (500 according to US brochure, but 507 according to all other official BMW literature), for US.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

The power have to do with DIN and SAE (?) standards I beleive.

·
Registered
776 Posts

Gustav said:
I'll be there and hopefully the BMW M5 Touring and the BMW M6 Convertible :thumbsup:

Go ahead and ask! (...and re-ask the things I forgot when visiting Geneva this March.)

Regards Gustav

Also, if you havent read please seem my interview with BMW M Manager Mr Bruhnke.

The future M5 (2007, 2008?) that will beat the E 63 amg: 550 or 600hp or no increase in hp??!!

·
Registered
301 Posts

When will we see the E90 M3??? And when will we see the M1???

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

They never answers on upcoming models or rumours.

However M5 T>ouring and M6 COnvertible questions might be answered I hope :2:

Kirium said:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts

You should show them the dyno sheet with the 530,9 hp and ask: What is this all about? :haha:

·
Registered
301 Posts

Gustav said:
I know... but he could be generous or give something away with a bit of a cheeky or knowing smile or grin... I can only hope... ?????? A new M5 is a bit out of my price range, but the M1 and M3 might not be, so I'm dying to know... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
69 Posts

Kirium said:
I've read that the E90 M3 will arrive next year!!

·
Registered
1,940 Posts

Any plans to put the V10 in the chassis it deserves? i.e. a lightweight mid-engined sportscar...

·
Registered
1,213 Posts

hythe said:
Any plans to put the V10 in the chassis it deserves? i.e. a lightweight mid-engined sportscar...
Gustav said:
:)

·
Registered
1,940 Posts

I know, I know... vain hope more than anything else. I for one would put down a deposit now if such a vehicle were forthcoming.

Oh, my mistake, it is! But with an Audi badge...

And then there's this talk of the next Lotus Esprit using an AMG engine.

M/// really is missing a trick here!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts

Given the conflicting information from US dealers regarding the availability of the Individual program in the US, please ask for the latest position on this topic from the mother ship.

I'm sure many in the US are interested on the latest timing of the availability of the 6-speed transmission.

Will the speed limiter be deleted or, at least, the speed limit raised? If so, starting with production in which month?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

Gustav,
Please ask him if there are plans to have an M6 Cabriolet with a fully automatic hardtop

·
Registered
3,356 Posts

In the discussion of the M6 cabrio, ask what measures might be taken to reduce the normally large weight penalty. Also, get him to talk some about automatic hard tops a bit regardless of whether it will find its way into the M6 cabrio. I realize that cabrio models are of relatively low interest to Swedes, but many of us really want one.

Tom

1 - 20 of 97 Posts