BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK guys, here is the chance to clear the confusion over the seats and more. Also, please no questions about future BMW M models since BMW won't answer them, only smile in certain ways :p .

Please keep this BMW M6 related and go here to ask about the BMW M5.

Here is some recent questions some m5board.com members asked when BMW M chief Mr Bruhnke was in Stockhol for the BMW M5 launch. I'll be in Geneva on the 3rd and 4th of March. Here is a report from the last Geneva Salon in 2004, with the peremiere of the "Concept M5".

·
Registered
816 Posts
Nothing too much to ask, as we can't ask about other M6 versions (convertible and CSL).

- Seats we have noted already.
- How much longer would an "Individualised" M6 take to produce?
- Why did the M6 come with the "ornamental slates" at the side (as per the standard 6 series) instead of the traditional M side gills?
-

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Will the US market M6 get the carbon fiber roof only or an optional sun-roof?
Will the M6 get an optional 6 speed manual like the M5?
Why such a poor 54/46 weight distribution when the 545i, 645Ci, and M5 are all so close to 50/50?
Will the US market ever get individual options for paint, interior, and wood colors?
Will there ever be an option for a higher top speed, US or Europe?
Inquring minds want to know.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You could ask whether there are plans of increasing the power of the V10 further in the life cycle of the model (like the E36 M3 and E34 M5) and about cabrio and CSL versions. A question or two on the CSL engine would be appreciated ...and an answer even more... but I know this doesn't depend on you.

Good luck. :byebye:

Btw, will the 635cd come? When? May there be a cabrio version?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Please ask him the following questions on my behalf:

1. Will DSC+ be integrated within the M6?
2. Are there any plans to offer a carbon fibre interior for the M6? A lot of M6 customers desire for it!
3. Mr. Köllmer from the BMW M GmbH in Garching said that BMW M is asking the board of management for permission to remove the speed-limiter for the M6. Any new info about that?
4. When will the M multifunction seats be available in Germany? I was not able to order them. What are the additional features of that seat in comparison with the standard M sport seat? Can the standard sport seats be exchanged for the M multifunction seats after the car has been delivered?
5. The cheaper BMW Business CD radio (not available for M5/M6) is capable of playing MP3s according to the BMW X3 price list. What about the more expensive BMW Prefessional radio available for the M6; can it play MP3s too? Neither my dealer nor BMW M GmbH in Garching was able to answer this question.
6. Is it true that the first customer cars are gonna be delivered on April in Germany? Any informations about allocation are of interest!

Thanks

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Biggest question is the CSL- what info can they share? Will it happen? Will it be like the M3 CSL? Even faster SMG? Even better DSC? More engine power? Different wheels, tires, brakes? I bet they don't want to say too much! :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Autobahnraser said:
You should tell him exactly what you have in mind!
I wish I could! But my ideas keep changing!

But you have asked some very good questions. I never thought about the radio/MP3 player issue but I would like MP3 capability too.

How does carbon fibre interior look like? I've seen the M3 CSL but that's a different style completely. I don't think they'll have it (at least for now), maybe reserved for the M6 CSL if that gets produced. Carbon fibre interior is akin to "pure" sports whereas the "standard" M6 is marketed as a luxury sports coupe.

·
Registered
457 Posts
M6 Forever said:
Carbon fibre interior is akin to "pure" sports whereas the "standard" M6 is marketed as a luxury sports coupe.
I'd like to point out that for many possible customers a wood interior is out of the question. BMW has to make those people happy as well; a single alternative option (Pianolack black) is just not enough. Besides, the stunning carbon fibre roof looks soooo beautiful; I am convinced that an identically looking carbon fibre furnishing fits in perfectly with the M6, especially in combination with a sporty paintwork like Silverstone II.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Autobahnraser said:
I'd like to point out that for many possible customers a wood interior is out of the question. BMW has to make those people happy as well; a single alternative option (Pianolack black) is just not enough. Besides, the stunning carbon fibre roof looks soooo beautiful; I am convinced that an identically looking carbon fibre furnishing fits in perfectly with the M6, especially in combination with a sporty paintwork like Silverstone II.
Everyone has different tastes - just give us some choices with the standard car! The designers who picked the standard wood trim for the M5 are either on drugs, or should be. Please ask him if we will get better options on the M6!

·
Registered
457 Posts
There is another open question that just occured to me.

Mr. Gerhard Richter said in the Auto Zeitung interview, that I have posted here some time ago: "The M6 has been tuned differently (than the M5) according to its character." What does that mean exactly? What parts of the car was he referring to?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Autobahnraser said:
; I am convinced that an identically looking carbon fibre furnishing fits in perfectly with the M6, especially in combination with a sporty paintwork like Silverstone II.
I see your point. I agree. I believe in having choices for everyone. The choices on offer are restrictive.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Regarding "Individual" treatment, my understanding is that the M group does the Individualizing. While some "Individual" changes can be done on the regular production line, others options require a car to be pulled from the regular line and go to the M facility (which does increase total production time).

Keeping in mind that all M cars are pulled from the line and go to the M facility, it means that all Individual options could be applied during the M modifications from a logisitical and time standpoint. U.S. pricing, regulatory compliance, warranty support, etc. are another matter entirely.

I've got a 645 coupe ordered for July 2005 European Delivery and I'm having no luck trying to get it sent though the Individual program. However an M6 might be easier as all M6's are in effect Individualized cars in that they are mod'ed into M6s in the same shop where the major Individual work is done. It bugs me that you can't get European Delivery on an M car :sad1:

Of course after I find out the price on an M6 (let alone with Individual options), I might change my mind. Then again, those kids of mine can put themselves through college :1:

M6 Forever said:
Nothing too much to ask, as we can't ask about other M6 versions (convertible and CSL).

- Seats we have noted already.
- How much longer would an "Individualised" M6 take to produce?
- Why did the M6 come with the "ornamental slates" at the side (as per the standard 6 series) instead of the traditional M side gills?
-

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Autobahnraser said:
There is another open question that just occured to me.

Mr. Gerhard Richter said in the Auto Zeitung interview, that I have posted here some time ago: "The M6 has been tuned differently (than the M5) according to its character." What does that mean exactly? What parts of the car was he referring to?
The suspension. Engine specs are exactly the same. I doubt the steering is different, although perhaps.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
with the upcoming of new rivals in example the new AMG engine, is there going to be a upgrade to the dar or a performance package?

·
Registered
816 Posts
alsahher said:
with the upcoming of new rivals in example the new AMG engine, is there going to be a upgrade to the dar or a performance package?
Why do they need upgrade in engine soon? The new V10 is it. Possibly a CSL version as said before.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Mark Carson said:
Regarding "Individual" treatment, my understanding is that the M group does the Individualizing. While some "Individual" changes can be done on the regular production line, others options require a car to be pulled from the regular line and go to the M facility (which does increase total production time).
I thought the e39 M5 was produced on the main factory line.

It bugs me that you can't get European Delivery on an M car :sad1:
For the e39 M5, my dealer gave me the option to do a European delivery. However, there was no discount in price. Maybe it's different in Hawaii?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts