BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys.
Eventually im going to refinish my style 42s. This isn't going to be perfect for show or anything. Just to make my winter rims look a little better.

which of these choices do you like best??

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Option 3#.

:cool2:

Reactions: sor118

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
#1. They look spectacular in OEM finish. My buddy has a 530i with near perfect OEM Style 42s - they look awesome!

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I have to say, especially on a Carbon Black, the silver finish will look best IMO. Gives contrast against the car paint, and doesnt create shadows or hide the spokes due to a darker finish.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Would be kinda neat to get the faces done in M5 shadow chrome and get the outer barrels mirror polished to make them pop.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way. This is for my sterling grey metallic 530. Not my carbon black m5. Posted in here to get my m5 friends opinions. And yeah I might just refinish them stock. I was showing painted options because like I said this IS my winter rim set. They will get destroyed.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
By the way. This is for my sterling grey metallic 530. Not my carbon black m5. Posted in here to get my m5 friends opinions. And yeah I might just refinish them stock. I was showing painted options because like I said this IS my winter rim set. They will get destroyed.
In that case, do not polish the barrels, and keep the finish silver and consider powder coating the centers. The silver color wont show the dirt and grime as much as a dark color (although there is no escaping this during the winter) and if powder coated, will be able to take the abuse.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts