BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to move into my friends 02' lemans Blue S2. I have to sell mine first,
but dont know what a realistic price for mine is. Its a 00' SIlver/Silverstone
Everyting including shades. Its the mods that will make this difficult to
price. Has Dinan CAI/3:45 dif/lightened flywheel/SS headers/TUBI/16:9 NAV
NAV-TV/expel/short shifter/2002 angel eyes/tecaccessoy cupholder. I also
wonder if it is worth it to turn it back stock with exception of the flywheel/dif.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
I'll buy anything you are thinking of parting out and would have stock components if you need any of them. Please pm me if you decide to go this route.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
445 Posts
I definitely recommend returning it to stock as you will never recoup on the dollars you spent ono the mods.



Stevus said:
I want to move into my friends 02' lemans Blue S2. I have to sell mine first,
but dont know what a realistic price for mine is. Its a 00' SIlver/Silverstone
Everyting including shades. Its the mods that will make this difficult to
price. Has Dinan CAI/3:45 dif/lightened flywheel/SS headers/TUBI/16:9 NAV
NAV-TV/expel/short shifter/2002 angel eyes/tecaccessoy cupholder. I also
wonder if it is worth it to turn it back stock with exception of the flywheel/dif.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
I got first dibs on the headers.:7:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
Stevus said:
I want to move into my friends 02' lemans Blue S2. I have to sell mine first,
but dont know what a realistic price for mine is. Its a 00' SIlver/Silverstone
Everyting including shades. Its the mods that will make this difficult to
price. Has Dinan CAI/3:45 dif/lightened flywheel/SS headers/TUBI/16:9 NAV
NAV-TV/expel/short shifter/2002 angel eyes/tecaccessoy cupholder. I also
wonder if it is worth it to turn it back stock with exception of the flywheel/dif.
Wait a minute.. so you have all of those upgrades and you want to trade it in on an S2?!? I mean, is there THAT much of a difference? I'm sure your car sounds better with the SS headers and the Tubi!! And you have the angel eyes.. the 16:9 Nav with TV... is it the mileage? The remainder of the warranty?!? Your setup is what I've wanted to do with my 00... and all I have is the Tubi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its the change thing for me. I love my car, and everything I have done,

I guess call me crazy, but I am thinking of doing this for 2 reasons,
1 is I like the color combo Lemans/caramel, and 2 its all set-up
ready, It will cost me, but I dont really like anything else, with exception
for the M3 convertible. I may not even get the deal I want, but I dont
want to be on the hook for 2 of these, so I have to sell mine first. He isnt
actively trying to sell it, but will sell it to me. If he ends up not
selling it to me, then I will go to plan "B" and get an M3 cab, and
toy around with that for a while. I really do not want to go through the
hassle of returning this to stock, and would rather have someone
who would apreciate it. I did have a 21 year old, who actually
has the money, but I am afraid to see it end up around a telephone
pole or something. I am merely trying to see if I would do this based
upon what I can really get for mine. I am sure I will have to fork out
a nice chunk for the S2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My other choice is to go buy a good extended warrany for mine.
I also wanted to mention how great the powerchip93 feels now!
It really makes a nice dif!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
I sent you an email.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I would recommend that you do not sell. What you have is very close to an S2, and you really won't see much (if any) difference. This exercise will cost you a lot of money for nothing.

If you want a change, get an '03 Lotus Esprit V8 to play with until the e60 M5 comes out. I speak from the heart, as I also like changing cars, but in the end it is a pointless exercise.

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
Stevus said:
Its the change thing for me. I love my car, and everything I have done,

I guess call me crazy, but I am thinking of doing this for 2 reasons,
1 is I like the color combo Lemans/caramel, and 2 its all set-up
ready, It will cost me, but I dont really like anything else, with exception
for the M3 convertible. I may not even get the deal I want, but I dont
want to be on the hook for 2 of these, so I have to sell mine first. He isnt
actively trying to sell it, but will sell it to me. If he ends up not
selling it to me, then I will go to plan "B" and get an M3 cab, and
toy around with that for a while. I really do not want to go through the
hassle of returning this to stock, and would rather have someone
who would apreciate it. I did have a 21 year old, who actually
has the money, but I am afraid to see it end up around a telephone
pole or something. I am merely trying to see if I would do this based
upon what I can really get for mine. I am sure I will have to fork out
a nice chunk for the S2.
I assume you have driven your car and the S2 one after the other to see if there was a noticeable difference. I would suggest against an M3 cab unless you really wanted the open air experience, because you won't get nearly the amount of torque that you're used to.. ESPECIALLY now that you have the SS headers and the Powerchip 93 installed. Keep your car, man! The two options you have aren't worth shelling out the money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, this is been the hardest decision. I have hemmed and hawed about selling it before, and couldnt actually do it. I just dont know if I would want to go through all of the hassle of returning it to stock, it is so well set-up.
I did drive the S2, and I feel mine has the top end powerband, where the
S2 has the low-mid. I cant imagine it is much faster, but it came down
to me falling for the Lemans Blue. At first, I didnt even like it, but it
really grew on me. I can forgo that if I had to though. I am getting
alot of "you should keep it" and your probably right.:M5launch: :M5launch:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
837 Posts
Stevus said:
Wow, this is been the hardest decision. I have hemmed and hawed about selling it before, and couldnt actually do it. I just dont know if I would want to go through all of the hassle of returning it to stock, it is so well set-up.
I did drive the S2, and I feel mine has the top end powerband, where the
S2 has the low-mid. I cant imagine it is much faster, but it came down
to me falling for the Lemans Blue. At first, I didnt even like it, but it
really grew on me. I can forgo that if I had to though. I am getting
alot of "you should keep it" and your probably right.:M5launch: :M5launch:
I would consider doing it if the 02 model has substantially fewer miles and you think that you will drive/own her for some time to come. I think driving the color you want is a valid reason, I wanted Lemans blue and settled for ti silver and I now wish I wouls have waited for Lemans blue, just my opinion, as far as pricinig I think the overall value of the car plus approx. 50 cents per dollar in upgrades is ussaully fair for both parties involved, JMHO, Josh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
837 Posts
Stevus said:
the mileage wasnt the issue, althought the S2 has 27k.
Well Heck, its only money, I still vote drive the color you want, Josh

P.S. for some reason its always been easier to spend someone elses money;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,866 Posts
bmwusa said:
just my opinion, as far as pricinig I think the overall value of the car plus approx. 50 cents per dollar in upgrades is ussaully fair for both parties involved, JMHO, Josh
I think that is a little high. I usually allow between 20-30% of the upgrades as the value of the car does not go up proportionally to the cost of the upgrades. If these are upgrades you would otherwise consider doing, then the higher end is appropriate, but of course, YMMV! cherrsagai
Regards,
Jerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,866 Posts
Stevus said:
I did drive the S2, and I feel mine has the top end powerband, where the
S2 has the low-mid. I cant imagine it is much faster, .:M5launch: :M5launch:
Maybe it is just me, but it is hard to believe your car without MAFs and TB's and similar header to S2 is faster at the top end!!! Both cars should have 3.45's, threfore gearing is not an issue. Either your car is particularly strong, or the S2 is at the bottom of the acceptable range. It would be interesting to dyno them back to back to see the RWHP difference. Whatever you decide, good luck!! :cheers:
Regards,
Jerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,078 Posts
A CPO'd MY00 are probably going for mid 30's in perfect condition. As far as the mods you might get a couple extra bucks, depending if the buying is interested in the specific mods. Probably better off returning to stock. Good Luck:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,817 Posts
Here's another option:

Own both cars and move all the best parts to your favorite car. Then sell the extra car.

This happened to me (long ago), and actually came out ahead monetarily due to buying low and fixing it up for the sale. I ended up driving a car of a nicer color and extra options and mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,534 Posts
Your best bet at getting top dollar for your car is to create a detailed web page for it imo. When I sold my 2002 540i/6, I took a bunch of 4 megapixel pictures and then built a web page with thumbnails for all of them. I also listed all the details about the car, service history, original owner, yada, yada... I then placed ads in many of the BMW forum for sale sections (yielded nothing), the CCA (local and Roundel), and my local paper. The local paper ad becomes part of cars.com, so people all over the country can see it. Make sure your web address is in that ad. I had a guy from upstate NY call about the car, and he flew down to pick it up the following week. He had seen the ad through cars.com.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top