BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be correcting the paint on my e60 soon. Sapphire black, with medium to light swirls. a half dozen scratches, not too deep. Using griots DA polisher.. what should I do? I want maximum gloss and some good protection.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I have the PC 7424XP, and invested in some Menzerna Power Finish and Super Finish. For pads, I am using Uber pads Light cut and finishing. With this combo I expect to get at least 80% of the scratches, swirls and water marks out without too much effort which to me is a reasonable return on time and effort...Note that I have not actually used this combo on my car as yet. I have been practicing on my other cars first to get the technique and procedure down. In my case, my finish is in very good condition, so I don't need to do to much. If your finish is not in good condition, then you will need to spend more time and possible use different products to bring it up to the level you want.

Roger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.