BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

What not to do!!!

897 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Ashok Arora 
#1 ·
Just a little background first. I am a professional fireman in the Washington DC area and have seen my share of death and destruction. Lately, with all the talk of racing and so forth, I thought it best to share these photos with the board. I just want to remind everybody that things don't always turn out like we plan.
Sorry to be preaching and I know we are all adults, but sometimes little reminders can help.
As for the gentlemen in the vehicle, last I heard he will make it but had some significant internal injuries. A neighbor reported to us hearing a loud BOOM around 3 am, they never investigated. He was found at 6:15 am by a passing motorist.
Be safe, buckle up and please never drink and drive.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Tragic is an understatement. Unfortunately, society has a "it won't happen to me" attitude and continues to race at extreme speeds, drink and drive, talk on the phone in lots of traffic etc. and fail to think that other people are impacted by selfish decisions.

At least this guy did not take anyone out with him.

Good post.

#4 ·
Pretty sad indeed, but there is a lot to learn from it. At my school I investigated an accident where a good sized plane ended up being about 2'' tall. I will say that after seeing the aftermath of many aviation accidents, I am not only a safer pilot, but a safer driver. Unsafe drivers piss me off, as many people dont realize how fast a situation goes from driving home to an accident.
The pic of the airbag might be a little too "Red Asphalt" for this board, but there is importance in seeing the results of a situation that many can get into. Be safe out there guys.
:cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.