Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Gas mileage

Votes: 11 10.3%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It doesn't matter if you have a 530iT or an M5/6, I'd like your feedback on why you were motivated to purchase or lease your E60. 6 Series guys, your thoughts are welcome as well.

Please check all that apply. Please take the poll ONLY if you owned an E60! If you have an E39 there is a similar poll in that section of m5board. If you have owned both, please take both polls, but keep your motivations separate.

Please check any factors that were PRIMARY considerations to buy an E60
(IE: what you liked prior to owning the car!).

Reactions: unfoundhorsepower

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I like the apperance of the E60 chassis and of course, 500hp on M5. But after having her for awhile, the look of E39 M5 is more classic, IMO. If I could go back, I rather get E39 M5 Dinan S3 instead.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
If there are many more "Gas Mileage" checked off you can annul this poll.ouich

Reactions: unfoundhorsepower

·
Registered
148 Posts
Power

Power was the only reason I bought the car. I suppose I wanted to see what an M car was all about too. I was a 7 Series owner since 1983, the last one being the 2000 740i Sport. I hated the look of the E60, thinking the 7's were premier. Boy, was I wrong. I fell in love with the E60 the day I took delivery!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Wifey got pregnant and so I bought the baddest (4 door) on the planet. Still have my M3. :biggrin:

·
Registered
994 Posts
I simply wanted the best performing luxury sedan on the planet. Period.

Still don't see anything that comes close.
Exactly why I took the plunge.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
None of the above. I had an E39 - switched to the E60 because of the attractive lease rate they were offering.
-I didn't think of adding lease rates or other monetary incentives, but I guess in hind sight it's ok. I'm more interested in what owners looked for in the vehicle, rather than the context of the transaction.

·
Registered
739 Posts
-I didn't think of adding lease rates or other monetary incentives, but I guess in hind sight it's ok. I'm more interested in what owners looked for in the vehicle, rather than the context of the transaction.
That brings up an interesting issue. For those of us who had an E39, what did the E60 add to the equation?

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
None of the above. I chose it cuz it was the new M5 :2:

I like the apperance of the E60 chassis and of course, 500hp on M5. But after having her for awhile, the look of E39 M5 is more classic, IMO. If I could go back, I rather get E39 M5 Dinan S3 instead.
I wouldnt go back even though i had el diablo. it was getting old in my opinion and outdated.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I simply wanted the best performing luxury sedan on the planet. Period.

Still don't see anything that comes close.
Well said - 100% agree!

·
Registered
218 Posts
After driving an 07 550i (6 speed manual) for about a year, I realized that the E60 would add the last remaining element to complete the perfect car. POWER!

·
Registered
792 Posts
+ 1 to Wolverine.

I also wanted SMG:biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
needed a car to scare my passengers to death, through lack of driving ability

1 - 20 of 28 Posts