BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to dive headfirst into the shallow end of the pool of BMW ownership (but somehow manage to do it without getting hurt). I've fallen for the E63/4, but have been doing my homework and am aware of what I'm getting into. The biggest question is is the SMG to DCT swap possible? The threads I've found regarding the M5 seems like it can be done, but I can't find anything along the lines of "yes, I did it and here's how it's done" types of answers. I apologize if I missed it, and if so, could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Oh, I'm not being clear - does it matter if I get an E63 or an E64? I prefer the headlights and the iDrive on the E64 for what it's worth. Does convertible/coupe matter? Is there a specific year that is ideal?

[EDIT] I meant to say 2006-2008 and 2009-2010 models.

·
1,729 Posts
I've never heard of the idrive being any different between e60/63/64. Where did you get that from? As far as dct conversion any year will be the same - impossible until someone figures it out and is willing to share and/or sell it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, my mistake, no difference between E63 & 4, other than the roof. I meant 2006-2008 and the slightly updated 2009-2010 M6.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, that's too bad about it being still in limbo. The threads I saw were all old, I figured something had been done by now.

·
1,729 Posts
Doubt you'll find more info about it... Like I said:

impossible until someone figures it out and is willing to share and/or sell it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The group is private so you will have to join (BMW V10 Power) but check out TRS Performance in UK, think they are the ones who did the swap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, so it can be done. I'll join the FB group and keep researching. If anyone knows of a cherry 2009-2010 M6 E64 with a broken transmission, LMK.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts