BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I tell what kind of leather I have? You can look at my gallery and there are some shots of my interior.

Thx, Steve

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! When someone says they have "nappa" leather, what does that mean?

unespekta said:
Judging by your pictures, you have the Sport two tone leather seats.

M5 seats basically roll down to either Sport or Luxury.

By the way, nice Combo. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Since I've had both the SPORT and NAPPA "LUXURY" interior on either of my M5's, the differences I noted wa that the Nappa Leather, easily detected by the vertical stitching, is thinner and softer. The SPORT leather, which is the one you have is more robust, slightly thicker, and appears that it would take more abuse without damage.

The other difference between the two interiors is that on the NAPPA or "LUXURY," the dash, door panels, center console, are also stiched leather whereas the SPORT is made up of the same material as the rest of the 5 series. I don't know what t's called but it's regular dash stuff... hmmm

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Ocean's M5 said:
...I don't know what t's called but it's regular dash stuff... hmmm
Foam...:7: Luxury also has leather covered b-pillars. But...no rear sunshades with luxury leather. It was a tough choice, but I chose the sport blue over luxury. I'm looking to add luxury leather dash, door panels and b-pillar to my car. The problem with the sport leather is that it feels like plastic and is hard on the butt. The vertical stitch pattern on the luxury leather was unappealing for me, but the all-black and full leather interior is definitely more classy. If only it wasn't for the stitch pattern.

Your red is real nice too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts