BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I was wondering what is your favorite car wash products for your car. Let's see if any particular product stands out from the rest.

I use Zaino Brother's products and I find them excellent. (http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc)

Please share your favorite product. Thank you.:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
My favorite products--the ones I use the most (every weekend) are:

1> Zaino car wash soap
2> P21S Wheel Cleaner
3> Zaino Z16 detail spray with a microfiber cloth for post wash touch up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
Meguiars NXT
Zaino Z7
Meguairs Gold Class

All 3 are great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
507bhp said:
Hello!

I was wondering what is your favorite car wash products for your car.
I use Flash Car Wash.hiha

Don't laugh!

Why? Because I hate water spots.

Using Flash means that I don't have to seek the shade or use say P21S Gloss enhancer to take out the water spots. Zaino does not work on water spots. I don't think there is a wax or polish which removes water spots.

Also I don't end up scratching the car or creating more swirl marks by drying it myself.

I then remain free to put on any wax or polish I choose.

I currently use P21S Concours wax because I ran out of Z5.

Sheikh
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,698 Posts
I like Zaino.

I also like the eagle one wheel and tire products.

They have a wax-as-you-dry which I use for the daily car which sits outside. I dont want to make a big project out of washing it- so I use dish wash liquid to wash the car- this takes off most things that stick to the car- including wax. Then the wax as you dry puts a decent wax on the clear coat. It aint Zaino- but I can do the 7er in just under 2 hours- its a BIG car! Otherwise its Zaino all the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,810 Posts
Ones with bikini clad hotties!!

Oh, wait.. products.. not car washes...

I use Zaino and P21s. I used to use Mequire's tire gel, but haven't seen it sold in a year or so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,412 Posts
Zaino and Meguires Gold Class.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
sheikh said:
I use Flash Car Wash.hiha

Don't laugh!

Why? Because I hate water spots.

Using Flash means that I don't have to seek the shade or use say P21S Gloss enhancer to take out the water spots. Zaino does not work on water spots. I don't think there is a wax or polish which removes water spots.

Also I don't end up scratching the car or creating more swirl marks by drying it myself.

I then remain free to put on any wax or polish I choose.

I currently use P21S Concours wax because I ran out of Z5.

Sheikh
Here's a great tip if you want to eliminate water spots: Rinse your car using the 'flood' setting on your spray nozzle. I have a rubber protective cover on my nozzle, so I just let the nozzle rest on the car and run the water as a final rinse. The results are amazing, no spots and you can dry the entire car with one towel. Check it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Wolverine said:
Here's a great tip if you want to eliminate water spots: Rinse your car using the 'flood' setting on your spray nozzle. I have a rubber protective cover on my nozzle, so I just let the nozzle rest on the car and run the water as a final rinse. The results are amazing, no spots and you can dry the entire car with one towel. Check it out.

An addition to the above:

I remove my spray nozzle for the final rinse and lower the water pressure to a near trickle (shouldn't be a problem for the UK guys :) ). Water should sheet off if the car is well waxed. Then, with an ELECTRIC leaf blower, blow the car dry from top to bottom. This will get a lot of water out of the cracks and crevices. Then, drying with a towell can be accomplished very quickly.

Check out www.autopia.org for some great tips. There are a bunch of fanatics on that board and they use lots of acronyms, but it is a great source of info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
High pressure water! hiha
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top