1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
567 Posts
If you disassemble the glove compartment, this part was on top of the upper roof of the glove compartment shell. What is it for other than the description for the part? What would it connect to...if anything?

BMW Diagnosis interface MOST Teilenummer: 61136931507 (61 13 6931507)
Greg,

This is a MOST buss connector. The MOST Buss carries data over the fiber optic ring in the car. The connection in the glovebox is mostly used by dealers to reprogram the car and update software. It is much, much faster than the data bus on the OBD connector.

FYI, The other bus that is common in the car is the CAN buss. It carries different info than the MOST buss, mostly control signals. For example that's where you get the signals for switching into reverse for a back up camera.

Make sure you do not disconnect the MOST connector or you will get no sound at all.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
It is as the name implies, a diagnostic connector for the MOST. It is used to help diagnose open ring and equipment faults on the MOST.
Media Oriented Systems Transport
View attachment mostbus.pdf

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't appear to be connected to anything. It is attached to a flip door. I'll leave it alone.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This wouldn't have anything to do with a CD changer then?

·
Registered
567 Posts
This wouldn't have anything to do with a CD changer then?
If you had the OEM CD changer, it would connect to the MOST buss but not to this connector.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'll leave it alone.
Thanks

·
Registered
00 E39 M5; 07 E64 M6; 11 E70 X535D
100 Posts
If you had the OEM CD changer, it would connect to the MOST buss but not to this connector.
I have an E64 M6 and there is a place for a CD Change, but my car did not come with one.

Anyway, I am looking for the wires for the CD change (Fiber to the head unit and the Power wire), but I cannot seem to find them.

Any suggestions?

Chris

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have an E64 M6 and there is a place for a CD Change, but my car did not come with one.

Anyway, I am looking for the wires for the CD change (Fiber to the head unit and the Power wire), but I cannot seem to find them.

Any suggestions?

Chris
Your car might not be wired for it. Check your VIN to see the original build.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Unless it was ordered with the CD changer you will not have the electrical connections. The MOST buss loop will still be behind a door in the top of the glove box, towards the back right I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts