BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a discussion with a friend of mine, and he stumped me on this one. For those who have hit the rev limiter in the E60 M5, what is it like? Is it a normal rev limiter that cuts ignition, or does it act like other new BMW's and just hold the revs smoothly at red line? Basically, does do anything different from the rev limiter in an E39?
I know this is a random question, but TIA for any feedback.
:cheers:

·
Registered
82 Posts
BmwNut said:
I was having a discussion with a friend of mine, and he stumped me on this one. For those who have hit the rev limiter in the E60 M5, what is it like? Is it a normal rev limiter that cuts ignition, or does it act like other new BMW's and just hold the revs smoothly at red line? Basically, does do anything different from the rev limiter in an E39?
I know this is a random question, but TIA for any feedback.
What I could feel so far is, that it just smoothly keeps the revs as far as it will go. I mean, I was positively surprised about it. When I compare it with my E39, it is a huge difference. The old one at the end of the line starts just physicaly it's stuttering.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback! My Jetta does the same thing, and so does my buds E90, and IMO it is a much more effective system them slamming into a normal rev limiter. Hope the E60 is treating you well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts