BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Family .

Any major differences ? I think I have 25 on ... My car is going to service (emissions ..) and I am wondering if I should try an update ... The only caveat is that everything is working so smoothly that I am afriad of messing it out ...

Thanks

·
Registered
856 Posts
I just had 28.02 installed about 2 weeks ago in Houston. All is well.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Family .

Any major differences ? I think I have 25 on ... My car is going to service (emissions ..) and I am wondering if I should try an update ... The only caveat is that everything is working so smoothly that I am afriad of messing it out ...

Thanks
You will loose the oil meter indication in Liters. I am still on V26 and keep it that way until a major release is out again like V24 was at the time.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So .... If that is the only thing .. 25 will stay ..

Thanks

·
Registered
856 Posts
Interesting, I've got 28.02 and still have the oil meter indicator in Liters.

·
Registered
994 Posts
How do you find out what version? I assume I have the latest but tried looking in the menus and came up with nought.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
any difference between V27 and V28.02?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Huge difference! I am talking about the Touring, but S6 shifts in the latest software version are sooooooo much slower - it takes away a huge part of the fun... I was told no downgrade can be performed either :dunno:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Huge difference! I am talking about the Touring, but S6 shifts in the latest software version are sooooooo much slower - it takes away a huge part of the fun... I was told no downgrade can be performed either :dunno:
Has this been confirmed by anyone else apparently I must have got upgraded software while they were trying to fix my horn. I now have an "ok" instead of a liter reading (no big deal there), but if I lost my S6 speed shifts I am not going to be happy. I haven't wound out S6, but will make a point of it tomorrow and also check my SW version. That would suck, big time. Being I had a 2008 I figured there would be no update, damn. If it is the case I might just seek an aftermarket tune.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I posted in the earlier thread, have the most recent O.S. version and still have the oil meter indicator in Liters.

Our cars are like PCs running M$ software, many different versions, patches & fixes, which result in variations on what's seen on the dash.

<!--[if !mso]> <style> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} p\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} v\:textbox {display:none;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if !ppt]--><style> .O {color:white; font-size:149%;} a:link {color:#FFFF99 !important;} a:active {color:#BE7960 !important;} a:visited {color:#D3A219 !important;} </style><style media="print"> <!--.sld {left:0px !important; width:6.0in !important; height:4.5in !important; font-size:103% !important;} --> </style><!--[endif]--><o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"></o:shapelayout><o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"></o:idmap>

·
Registered
538 Posts
Not sure what software I was updated to, but with the update along with the "ok" the other change I noticed was EDC now retains the last setting indefinately even after the car has been shut off overnight.

:cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts