BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

What is the correct direction...brake disc

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Killer-Bimmer 
#1 ·
I think all four discs are in wrong direction. I noticed last night while I had rear wheels off. It was typed L & R on the discs..and of cours they where mounted in the opposite side !? What is the right direction?

#10 ·
They are mounted backwards they need to be flipped sides. Just went out to my car to confirm and double check.

#8 ·
#12 ·
Hmm...the slots on my slotted Brembos face the wrong way. My friend and I were discussing this a few years back. I think the internal directional vanes between the discs go the opposite way though.

#13 · (Edited)
Brembo BBK rotors are different from our stocks the slots on those go the same direction as the OP's car, opposite from our stock rotors. OP's rotors are indeed the wrong direction just needs to flip sides that's all.

Reactions: EuroCarFan
#15 ·
Our breaks are a Volute (pump), I'm sure there is another name for the air guys, but that's what us fluid guys call it!

Pumps from center and increases the volume and velocity at the tip speed of the outer circumference. Classic pump design and highly efficient. It is very easy to reverse for those that don't understand the dynamics. Many want the tips to scoop the air, but this is not efficient as the veins get smaller. This increases energy needed i.e. increased pressure and reduced velocity. This will cause increased heat and a less efficient pump.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.