BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm running the stock Michelins and just want to know what PSI you guys recommend for the front & rear tires. Thanks to all!

Wolf

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I like to run 41psi in the front and 39psi rears on my Pilot Sports. I find it to be the best setup for me in helping making the car more balanced with regards to handling. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
There is no consensus but I can tell you I used to run my tires at pretty high pressures (42-46 psi) until I was convinced by Greg to lower them to improve grip and handling. I switched some time ago to 35f/34r, which are the pressures recommended by Dinan and have seen no downside and in fact the tires seem to wear more evenly and the car does seem to stick better and ride better. At the higher pressures, they were wearing faster in the middle, at least on the rear tires.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I used to run around 40psi all around on my Pilots but the ride was quite bumpy and I got bald patches in the middle of my tyres (my suspension's fine).

I switched to running 36psi all around and now the tyre life and comfort are much better.

I suppose there are a number of factors involved, including your style of driving and the types & quality of roads you drive on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts