BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to install an intake to my m5 but i want to know what is the best one!! people told me that the ASR cold air intake is one of the best if not the best one.
and i have been told that rpi scoops with bmc filters are better:dunno:??

so if u can help me guys i would be thankful:applause:

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
If you wanna keep your engine hot hot hot and keep that oil temperature up up up.. get the AFe's, they sound awsum and give you the impression that you gained 100hp from the sound. Once you get used to the sound, you start feeling the 200hp loss!

·
Registered
932 Posts
intake and now software. someone will say a software and we will move to exhuast! lol

I would look at 3 intakes:
RPI= Scoopts/Block off plates/BMC Filters
Dinan = Larger Cone filters in semi stock like boxes, new mass air flow sensors and in theory require new software
ASR = Large cone filters in front of our radiators

I went w/ RPI for the following reasons:
-No software suggested by manufacturer
-Cheap / DIY install

I think if i was a bit more serious about the project and had the money at the time I would have gotten the ASR setup

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I think if i was a bit more serious about the project and had the money at the time I would have gotten the ASR setup
You are correct. They are awesome, they work and forget the ?intake sound?, the ASR exhaust takes care of the sound.

Ranger

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
If cost is no option, it seems like Dinan intakes with RPI scoops would yield the best results. If you don't want to spend that kind of money, then the best bang for the buck mod is RPI Scoops and Block-off Plates with BMC filters.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Mohammad , i'm very happy with my RPI scoops + bmc airfilters + block off plates , you don't need to changed your whole intake , the rpi scoops make the oem intake a ram air intake , i didn't feel it in the biggining but yesterday my m6 shocked me the scoops did the job :) .
plus if want a air intake like afe and k&n or what ever you must have tuning for it but with rpi scoops you don't have to tune it .

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
2,432 Posts
If you wanna keep your engine hot hot hot and keep that oil temperature up up up.. get the AFe's, they sound awsum and give you the impression that you gained 100hp from the sound. Once you get used to the sound, you start feeling the 200hp loss!
...........:blabla:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts