BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Since such board can let enthusiast from all over the world to share their views and learn about eash other, I would like to have this thread to share views of the prefrences of each country/region with regards exterior & interior colors.

I have notcied during my reading to this awesome site that fans in europe preferes dark colors in general for both ext. & int.

Where in country like Saudi Arabia and the gulf in general light interiors are highly recomended and most appriciated. For exterior people normally goes for weigth colors but not very common for a super-saloon like the M5. Most of the M5 ordered till now are sepang bronze, silverstonII & black. But all with light interiors. For my self I am going to go for either Weight or SilverStoneII with Indianapolice RED:1:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
It has been true for many years that hot countries prefer lighter colours (and not just for BMW's). When we lived in Florida my father had to source a graphite Rolls Royce from 'up north' since all the ones in our state were colours like white and magnolia.

Here in the UK popular colours are black, blue and silver. I assume silver is popular only because it's so easy to keep clean.

Surprisingly, Green is not a popular colour in the UK. I would have expected Oxford Green to have done well here but no :confused:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Same story in Belgium I guess. Darker colours are getting more and more popular. I think it has something to do with the economic situation of the country you live in and how people respond to it. People will keep on buying big luxurious cars but in times of economic difficulties they won't brag about it and choose a more discreet colour. Being afraid of the reaction of the neighbours or the risk of getting car-jacked will certainly play in one's mind when choosing a colour. But I'm not a psychologist, so don't take my word for it.
I heard from my BMW-dealer that second hand cars with darker colours are sold more easily and at a higher price than light colours. So a darker colour at this moment is also an investment when you turn in your car. Same story in Germany I guess where they sold more black cars than silver ones, the favourite colour up till now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Salam Bro,

I never really thought of it before, but I guess you're right about the light colors in hot places theory. As a matter of fact, I'm from Jeddah and I'm planning to order mine Silver on Silver inshalah!

:cool2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts