BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried search in this forum but found only some pieces of information. And google found only few english pages, mostly german pages.

As I checked my cars equipment and found that it was ordered with Nurburgring package. But what it is, exatly? Car is M5 touring 01/93.

Br.
JP

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
BT said:
I tried search in this forum but found only some pieces of information. And google found only few english pages, mostly german pages.

As I checked my cars equipment and found that it was ordered with Nurburgring package. But what it is, exatly? Car is M5 touring 01/93.

Br.
JP
Hi There!(terve!)
In case of the touring the nürburgring package means a switch in the dashboard(right of the steering wheel) where you can set in the damper stifness manually. I believe the swith is marked with "EDC". I`m not sure if the servotronic variable teering assist is part of the package.

In sedan it means: Thicker rear anti-roll bar (the original touring part), wider rear rims (9" instead of 8", standard on the touring) and the switch in the dash.

Have you talked/mailed with Karl H. Marks ("M5touring reg" on this forum)
He can surely supply you with the original build-sheet in exchange for your cars VIN code ( chassi number) send him a private message if you haven`t done it, he`s keeping registry over all M5 tourings.

Kuulemiin :cheers:
Sakke

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
OK I will have a go at describing it

Nurburgring -
Driver switchable suspension - switch to change from program to sport (although the wiring is there on non Nurburgring susp cars and the button can be retro fitted as some)
Wheels widths 8" front 9" rear (whether 17" throwing stars or 18" paralells) Touring has these wheels regardless of package fitted.
Also the rear antirollbar was meant to be an inch thicker (The Touring automatically has a thicker anti roll bar for the same reason as it has wider rear wheels as standard)
From 92 to around 93 the NUR kit included Servotronic power steering(which varies the resistence according to road speed thus getting heavier as you go faster) and then after this I think it was an option after this separate from the NUR kit
I think this was it although other may be able to clarify the dates as to when Servotronic was fitted as an option.

Your car may have any combination of these options but should have as standard wider rear wheels and thicker anti-roll bars.

For more information about your car specifically you should contact Karl - M5 Touring registry and if you ask nicely he may be able to supply a build sheet for your car specifically which would give you all the options that should be fitted and the spec of the car when it left the factory.

I hope this sheds a little light on the suspension kit.

Brgds

Simon

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
DrSakke said:
Hi There!(terve!)
In case of the touring the nürburgring package means a switch in the dashboard(right of the steering wheel) where you can set in the damper stifness manually. I believe the swith is marked with "EDC". I`m not sure if the servotronic variable teering assist is part of the package.

In sedan it means: Thicker rear anti-roll bar (the original touring part), wider rear rims (9" instead of 8", standard on the touring) and the switch in the dash.

Have you talked/mailed with Karl H. Marks ("M5touring reg" on this forum)
He can surely supply you with the original build-sheet in exchange for your cars VIN code ( chassi number) send him a private message if you haven`t done it, he`s keeping registry over all M5 tourings.

Kuulemiin :cheers:
Sakke
Seem to thinking along the same lines :cheers:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, my option list has a marking of servotronic so it's not standard in 01/93 touring. I knew that the rear rims were 9" as standard.

Simonal:
But for my touring the only thing that Nurburgring set gives is Driver switchable suspension. If rear rims and anti-roll bar are standard and as servotronic is option for my model year.

I think that I haven't understood everything..

Thanks for the information so far.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
BT said:
Yes, my option list has a marking of servotronic so it's not standard in 01/93 touring. I knew that the rear rims were 9" as standard.

Simonal:
But for my touring the only thing that Nurburgring set gives is Driver switchable suspension. If rear rims and anti-roll bar are standard and as servotronic is option for my model year.

I think that I haven't understood everything..

Thanks for the information so far.
Hi

That sounds right because the rest of the Nurburgring set was either standard because you have a Touring or optional as in Servotronic steering.

I wonder if BMW just included the Dirver switchable suspension when you had a Touring and ordered Seveotronic??

Sounds like you have all the Nurburgring kit installed.

Simon :byebye:

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Terve JP, yet another M5touring has arrived to Finland ?
i.e. total number in Finland is exceeding 10 by now > congratulations !
-
which one is it ? send me a private msg with the last 3 figures of the VIN and I can give you a copy of the BMW build-sheet for your car and a pre-history
-provided the car is already registered- ;)
-
on a 93 M5touring with Nuerburgring-package the SERVOTRONIC is a part of the package, even though mentioned seperately on the build-sheet, then there is the EDC P/S-switch and the rear axle-anti-roll bar, the M5touring has already 9"-wheels on rear-axlew as standard. The extra-pay-price for the Nuerburgring-package-option was DEM 850 at the time which also indicates that it does not include very much.
-
best to my knowledge there are 3 different sizes for the rear-axel anti-roll-bars *)
1. E34 M5-saloon without Nuerburgring-suspension-package (19 mm)
2. E34 M5 with, M5touring without (20 mm)
3. E34 M5touring with (21 mm)
*) if my memory serves me right, I have not double checked ouich ??

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
BT said:

Br.
JP
Q) What is the Nurburgring suspension package????
A) Very expensive to replace when things go wrong!!!
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
[email protected]
what you are refering to is the EDC III-suspension that ALL 3.8 E34s have -
the Nuerburgring-suspension-package is somethingelse, switch, wider-rear-wheels, servotronic (> 94) and a stronger anti-roll-bar -
the EXPENSIVE parts have -nothing- to do with the -Nuerburgring-package :byebye:

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
M5touring reg said:
[email protected]
what you are refering to is the EDC III-suspension that ALL 3.8 E34s have -
the Nuerburgring-suspension-package is somethingelse, switch, wider-rear-wheels, servotronic (> 94) and a stronger anti-roll-bar -
the EXPENSIVE parts have -nothing- to do with the -Nuerburgring-package :byebye:
I stand corrected. Explains alot as I had thought that Nurburgring suspension set-up was reffering to the EDC, and that the wider wheels and thicker anti-roll bars were standard.

Cheers for the correction.

Jon

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
No problem, Jon !
perhaps I shud add for further clarification that ALL 6-speed-cars (1995-year-model) have the Nuerburgring-Package as a standard factory feature (but without the -servotronic- which is again an -extra-pay-option- for the 6-speed-cars), i.e. the 6-speed-cars have indeed 9"-rear-wheels, EDC P/S-switch and stronger anti-roll-bar (rear) as a factory standard. -
(for 5-speed-cars 1992>1994 the Nuerburgring-Package was an -extra pay-option- and the package included -servotronic-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts